Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    infraredkm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 09:33 PM
    Bathroom Sink Valve Leak
    The shut off valves under my bathroom sink have started leaking and I am not sure what to do. The sink has had a tendency to clog lately, and I am not sure if this is related or not. Are there any suggestions on how to repair the dripping valves? Please advise.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 10:13 PM
    There is about three different places that one of these valves can leak, so can you explain where it is leaking?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 6, 2006, 05:35 AM
    Letmetellu correctly asked for the part of the angle stop that was leaking. From the stem? (Tighten the bonnet packing nut), from either of the compression nuts? (Snug up the nut until the leak stops.)
    Your leak is not related to your slow draining lavatory. The solution is to remove the "J" bend and send a snake up into the wall. You will hit a bend about 8 inches in and from there put out about 5 or 6 more feet. Flush the line with hot water. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak in new bathroom sink drain [ 12 Answers ]

I spent the morning removing my old sink drain and replacing it with a new one. After attaching everything I noted a persistent leak in the pipe at the middle of the new drain. I checked all of the connections, and it does not seem to be coming from these areas. It appears that the leak is...

Mishap in replacing supply valve under sink [ 3 Answers ]

I was replacing the supply valves under my new bathroom sink as the old ones had old fashioned metal connectors that wouldn't work. The old supply valves had a soldered on metal pipe right behind the knob, and I now realize (too late) that that was what I needed to unscrew (probably by cutting off...

Leak in shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

Need some help with a leak in the hot water valve in the shower. It does not leak when the valve is closed, but leaks behind the valve when the hot or the cold water valve is opened up. It appears to me to be a pinhole, but I cannot see it. The leak is only behind the hot (left) even when the cold...

Leak from knob under sink [ 4 Answers ]

It appears that the shut off knob , for the hot water is leaking. Drops are forming on the screw. I tried tightening it, but that did not help. :confused: Many thanks.

Bathroom sink Drains into #2 sink [ 3 Answers ]

I have bathroom sink drain problems. The master bath sink drains into the shared bathroom sink which is located directly on the other side of the wall. I recently remodeled the bathroom and the only difference in the plumbling is a horizontal length of pipe I added to accommodate the new sink...

View more questions Search