Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Garage door remote doesn't close door in colder weather
    My garage door remote works fine when the weather is warm, however, if it gets below 60degrees, it won't close (no problems with opening it). When this happens, the only way to close it is to hold down the manual garage door opener continually until it's completely closed (otherwise it'll start going back up). Remote functions fine in warmer weather. Why would colder weather prevent opener from working? Can this be repaired?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2009, 03:31 PM

I think I would try a blow dryer on your photobeams to disapate Moisture, do they look fogged up?
    Sounds Beam related.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door Opener Will Not Close Door. Light Is Flashing. [ 16 Answers ]

Garage door opener does not close door. Light is flashing and there no obstructions in sensors. Chester

Garage Door will not close [ 4 Answers ]

When I press the wall switch, the garage door will move forward a few inches and then stop. If I hit the switch again it will reverse back to the starting position. If I keep doing this a few times it will eventually close all the way. But then when I open it up again it will start doing the same...

Garage door won't open w/remote unless very close [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Stanley garage door with a remote control garage door opener. The remote openers (regardless if built into the car or the original ones that came with the opener) no longer open the garage door unless they are very close to the garage door itself. Any ideas on what it might be?

Garage Door won't close all the way [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I recently noticed that when my garage door would open it wouldn't go all the way back but I could still easily pull my car into the garage so I didn't try to solve the problem. Then just a couple of days ago the garage door will now open all the way but when it closes it stops about 3 feet...

Garage door does not close [ 3 Answers ]

The door moves down a few inches and stops. If I pull it manually and press the remote it does close. There is no problem opening it with the remote. The sensors are aligned. Thanks

View more questions Search