Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    analemmer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 11:53 AM
    Damp garage wall
    Hi, the first 2 feet of the inside garage wall are damp, it is all cement and I want to fix it...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 12:01 PM

What is on the other side of this garage wall? Is it dirt packed up against the wall? Then you have a drainage problem that needs addressed. You might need to install gutters on your garage to divert water away from the foundation of the walls.
    Beantowndilly Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 12:54 PM

In reference to what twinkiedooter said, I'm also currious as to the slope of grade. Is it sloped towards your house?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace garage door with wall? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a small one car garage that is part of the basement. I want to remove the garage door and put in a wall with a door so that I can use this area as a workshop and as the primary entrance into the house during the winter. The other entrances are either up the steep driveway to the...

Mysterious damp spot in the garage [ 13 Answers ]

We've been in our house a little over a year. This spring a damp spot appeared (it wasn't there before) in the concrete floor of our under-house garage. And it hasn't gone away. We have no idea what's causing it and pondering it has left us baffled. The spot is about 3 feet in diameter, off...

Damp Wall [ 3 Answers ]

Above my kitchen is a flat roof. The flat roof has been replaced as it was leaking but I am still getting damp patches on the wall. The person who replaced the ceiling says that it is the old plaster releasing the old water but the ceiling was replaced a year ago and it gets worse when it rains in...

Water/damp in new house to garage wall. [ 7 Answers ]

Our house is just about complete, at the trim and flooring stage. We have just noticed dampness/water coming from a couple of garage receptacles that are on the house side wall. Assuming it was a plumbing leak I cut a section of drywall out. We have a 2x6 wall with R20 insulation, then a 3/4" foil...

Damp Patch on bedroom wall [ 2 Answers ]

We have a damp patch in my daughters bedroom, that is in the middle of the wall. It does NOT touch the top (all our gutters and soffits were replaced last year), but part of it does go towards the window. It does get bigger when it rains. It is currently about 3ftX3ft. I have checked the loft and...

View more questions Search