Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tany072075 Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Oct 21, 2009, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Excellent thought there about the possible association with a plastic food dish, shazamataz!

My cat usually only shows an interest in plastic bags of any kind in the morning before feeding.

Thanks!
    Actually no. His bowls are ceramic. His previous owner used plastic though. I've had him for just over a year and he's always done this. So that could have something to do with it. I guess I took it more as a pschycological thing. Like when dogs eat grass when they have an upset stomach. They eat it and vomit to make themselves feel better. I was thinking licking plastic could give him the feeling of eating. Who knows? I've also had a cat that talked to walls every morning at feeding time. Maybe I just have crazy cats. Lol
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 21, 2009, 05:49 AM

Hahaha, I think we all have crazy cats, that what makes us love them so much :)

I have spoken to my sister in law, and she agrees with most the ocmments here, her cat only chews on plastic when she appears to be hungry or certainly just before she is fed

So my question now is

Why do cats chew on plastic when they are hungry? Why not the chair or shoes?
    tany072075 Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Oct 21, 2009, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by phlanx View Post
    hahaha, I think we all have crazy cats, that what makes us love them so much :)

I have spoken to my sister in law, and she agrees with most the ocmments here, her cat only chews on plastic when she appears to be hungry or certainly just before she is fed

So my question now is

Why do cats chew on plastic when they are hungry? Why not the chair or shoes?
    That is a very good question. Its obviously not that one tastes better than the other. Although my cat has been known to chew through shoe laces. But that's usually when nobody's looking so I don't think that's a hunger thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my boyfriend have a fetish or is he gay ? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi... I have been with my boyfriend now for 8 months . We broke up like 2 weeks ago and then he called me back crying telling me that he loves me and that he wanted to make it work . So I gave him another try . I feel uneasy about it . The sex has always been great ! He wants me all of the time......

Fetish necklace [ 1 Answers ]

Here is a couple of pics, thanks

What to do about husbands fetish? [ 6 Answers ]

About a month ago I found out that my husband of 5 years had cheated on me. We have decided to try to work past it, the affair is over and he is in therapy now to figure out why he had the affair in the first place. The affair goes against his own morals and values and he is disgusted with himself...

What to do when you have a fetish? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a fetish that I don't really know how to address. But the fetish is really cramping my style. I want to be a normal college girl. Date guys. Maybe mess around on occasions. Gush about how cute that guy is over there. But I'm just not attracted to the type of guy that the rest of the...

View more questions Search