Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trenchz Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 07:25 AM
    Sticky situation
    Hi, last summer my girlfriend broke up with me. She told me she couldn't do a long distance relationship anymore because she goes to school out of town... this has happened many times before but this time it was legit. Sometime near the end of the summer she kind of comes back to me... but after leaving for school again tells me she slept with her ex boyfriend. Well I was raged for a week that she would break up with me sleep with him then come back... and well I did something stupid and morally wrong to me. I had sex with a prostitute... something I swore to myself id never do... I can't remember exactly what went through my head... but I was not in the right mind and I cannot shake this guilt that she probably went and bought drugs with it and I contributed to ruining her life even further... and on top of that my ex still loves me but she's still unstable... I don't know what to do... shoul di tell her even though we aren't together? Will she ever look at me the same?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 08:16 AM

Move on... its clear there is no longer a relationship there... so don't dwell over it. What was... was... and now it isn't.

Move on and stop looking back.
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Oct 19, 2009, 12:54 PM

The relationship with your ex is over. The second that the cheating started it was over.
    So, forgive yourself for acting badly when you were hurt, don't sleep with any more hookers, you might get some disease that you don't want.
    Move on, and try to have a good life.

Oct 19, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebabe View Post
    The relationship with your ex is over. The second that the cheating started it was over.
    So, forgive yourself for acting badly when you were hurt, don't sleep with any more hookers, you might get some disease that you don't want.
    Move on, and try to have a good life.
    Thank you both for your opinions. Its helped me greatly. I can't seem to let go of this girl probably because she's my first everything... but I know its best that I do. Be good, have a great life :)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebabe View Post
    you might get some disease that you don't want.
    There is really no delicate way to ask if you got the Chlamydia from your ex or the prostitute (I read his question in Men's Health). If you don't know, have you talked to your ex about being tested for STDs? That should be the last contact you need to have with her.

Let her go her own way and you go yours.

Oct 19, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    There is really no delicate way to ask if you got the Chlamydia from your ex or the prostitute (I read his question in Men's Health). If you don't know, have you talked to your ex about being tested for STDs? That should be the last contact you need to have with her.

Let her go her own way and you go yours.
    I should tell her to get tested. She did complain a lot of lower back pain lol. Could be it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trenchz View Post
    I should tell her to get tested. She did complain alot of lower back pain lol. Could be it.
    Sorry, I am not laughing.

Yes, you should.

Oct 20, 2009, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Sorry, I am not laughing.

Yes, you should.
    Cat would you happen to know how long roughly someone could expect to see HIV symptoms? And if any, how intense they would be if just starting?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 20, 2009, 04:40 PM

You need to get TESTED.

Period.

I'm sure that just like every other disease out there, HIV/AIDS manifests differently for every person that gets it.

Oct 20, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    You need to get TESTED.

Period.

I'm sure that just like every other disease out there, HIV/AIDS manifests differently for every person that gets it.
    Way ahead of you man, just want a little clarity of mind... ive spent over a month in complete agony over all of this. I've learned my lessons here I believe. I hope its not one that's going to shorten my already short time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sticky. And I mean STICKY situation [ 24 Answers ]

:eek: why do I always get myself into these situations? Me, my friend, and her boyfriend are in a band together... and until recently everything was springing up daisies, so to speak. However my friend and her boyfriend have being having quite a few problems the past few weeks, and since I am...

Sticky situation [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all! I'm in a very complicated situation and I'd like to get opinions. Well the story is about how I fell in love with my best friend. I met brandon at my job. We had to work together and I hated him. We did not get along but I guess that's what happens when your secretly interested in...

Sticky situation with ex-girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I have looked all over the internet for a while now and cannot find anything. I do not think typical landlord-tenant laws apply to my situation, but this is the closest to what I am going through. Here we go. So a couple of months ago, my girlfriend and I moved to VA together. I bought...

Sticky Situation with an Old Friend [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I've decided to ask about this in a public forum, because I honestly can't decide if this is a situation for manners and decorum, or following my heart. A very good friend of mine, whom I have known since sixth grade and was one of my own bridesmaids just over a year ago, told me...

Sticky Situation [ 5 Answers ]

My sister recently became pregnant with a man she is not married to. He will not allow adoption. His only options for her are abortion or keeping the baby. The snag is, doctors gave him until Christmas to live. He claimed his family was abusive to him growing up, but is now claiming they...

View more questions Search