Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    g-ed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Trane XR80 Furnace
    My Trane XR80 furnace is only blowing cold air. The diagnostic light is bllinking 6 times which, I think, means the 115 volt polarity is reversed. Is this something I can fix or do I need a repairman?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Which, I think, means the 115 volt polarity is reversed.

Did you get the above info off the furnace legend?

If the polarity is not reversed it is probably a bad circuit board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XR80 Furnace will not stay lit [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a 6 year old Trane XR80 furnace that will not stay lit. It will light for about 2-3 minutes than will go out. It will stay out until the system is turned off for a significant amount of time. The filters are new and I have cleaned the burner parts. What other things can I check?...

Trane XR80 Furnace Open High Limit Device [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Trane XR80 furnace that has an LED flashing 4 times--Open High Limit Device. The filters are new and clean, I replaced the high limit switch, cleaned the flame sensor. Are there other switches I could check? Any other ideas? Thanks for any help or ideas. Brian

Trouble shooting a Trane xr80 Furnace [ 13 Answers ]

My furnace is blinking 3 times and won't turn on. I have a Trane XR80 and no manual or trouble shooting codes. Could somebody please tell me what it means when it blinks red 3 times and won't turn on? Thanks... very cold:confused:!!

Trane xr80 furnace installed with old coil from over 10 years ago. [ 3 Answers ]

Should I replce the coil with a trane compatible with the current unit instaled a year ago? What would be the difference. Finally, my house is 2000 sq ft from 1983 and the ducts are I don't think placed in right positions.

The Trane XR80 smells. [ 3 Answers ]

Woke up to a smell of electric smoke... furnace (gas) on, but not blowing warmth into the house. I did a few things and this is what happened: 1. Heater on, fan on auto, no flow of air, the igniter wouldn't work either, smell of elictrical burn-out 2. Heater on, fan on, no flow of air, igniter...

View more questions Search