Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NZG1RL Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 14, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Lazy, Insecure, Jealous, Stoner Boyfriend
    My partner and I have been together since 2004 when were both 18. We are now 24, and 2kids later, things haven't progressed at all.
    When I first fell pregnant, I expected my man to get off his bum and find a job, I didn't care what he did just as long as he could support me and the new baby.
    Well that baby is now four years old, and my man still hasn't had a job. At all. I told him that I was offered a job recently, his reply? "Why do u wanna work? So you can screw all the guys at work?" Pathetic? Yes. So what the heck is the solution?

Im forever on his case about helping me around the home etc etc. 2 toddler boys tearing through the house everyday is a mission- ask any parent. But when I have to pay the bills using the pittiful amounts of money I have ($200 p/w) plus running around after the boys, cleaning the house, cooking meals, doing dishes etc etc really takes its toll on me. I become grumpy, easily frustrated and angry (at my man). He lounges around, smokes his dope, pretty much watching me do EVERYTHING. He sulks when I ask him to help out, he sulks when I ask him for money to help cover some expenses, he sulks when I ask him to bathe the boys, he packs tantrums when I want to go and see a friend, but then its all right if he can take off for hours on end with his cronies? That is not on!

I wouldn't mind being the perfect little housewife if my man went to work everyday like any normal family man. But the truth is, its like he's another child of mine ! We fight more than we make love, he smokes more dope than Bob Marley & its driving me insane!

What the heck can I do to resolve this really irritating issue? All I ever wanted was a stable home for my children, where parents work together as a team without resulting into a huge fight. I really love this guy, but I'm slowly beginning to think I might as well do it on my own- at least I know it would get done, and properly done.

Thanks 4 reading my raving rants lol.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 14, 2009, 06:59 PM

And whatever made you think he would change, is he not exactly what he was when you meet ?

You date people with the qualities that make good husbands if you want a good husband.

So where does his money to buy dope and to "give you some" come from if he does not work.

And why do you love him, what does he do worth keeping.

Personally leave him, and I he wants to start working at a relationship, you can start dating again perhaps

Oct 14, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post

So where does his money to buy dope and to "give you some" come from if he does not work. ?
    He collects a benefit which ends up being around $320 p/w

Oct 14, 2009, 07:07 PM

Look guys, I have a strong sense of faith and hope. Its just sad that I have been waiting for so long.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NZG1RL View Post
    look guys, i have a strong sense of faith and hope. its just sad that i have been waiting for so long.

And you'll be waiting forever if you don't do something about it unfortunately.

Talk to your man and tell him that things need to change or he can pack his things and leave if he isn't going to contribute. He's continuing this behaviour because you allow it and have done so since Day 1.

Time to get serious and either do something about it , or leave it as is and put up with it , your choice.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 14, 2009, 08:16 PM

Let him smoke his dope while you make that perfect household by yourself. Your by yourself now, aren't you?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 06:40 AM

You need to act in the best interest of your children. The "best interest" doesn't include "false hope". You children are growing up and they can't afford to wait or hope for a healthy relationship between their parents.

He either provides what you need now or he's shown the door. This isn't fair to your children at all.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NZG1RL View Post
    look guys, i have a strong sense of faith and hope. its just sad that i have been waiting for so long.
    A strong sense of faith and hope will not get you anywhere in life. You need a strong sense of strength and action to put you further ahead than where you are right now.

If your oldest is 4, and your boyfriend hasn't changed, what makes you think he will change now?

Oct 15, 2009, 08:37 PM
    I just don't know how I can go through with it ? I'm quite close to my in laws, and being a close-knit bunch, my boys have a real good bond with them. It wouldn't be the same w/ them any more- no random visits, cuppa tea's etc... I'm so confused man this really sux. Maybe ( I think) the reason I'm with him is to save all the drama (court, orders etc) n although I'll always deeply love him, I see my future looking bright, f this dudes slow he's left behind.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2009, 09:38 PM
    He sounds like a child and you've been supporting him. Why should he change or take any action? You've been doing everything for him. He needs to get his act together and while you keep doing things for him and living in the romantic dram of how things could be nothing will happen.

It's time for tough love.

So stop. Pack his bags and put them by the door. Tell him that he doesn't contribute anything so it doesn't matter if he's not there. (How does he pay for the dope? Or does he grow it?) Tell his parents that you're sending him home to grow up. Tell him (and them) that he can come back when he's cleaned up his act, can support his children and when he has a job. You don't need to stop seeing your in-laws, but I think you need to be honest with them about their son.

Shove him out the door and shock him into some awareness. He needs a wake up call. A loud one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm an insecure boyfriend, and don't want to hurt my girlfriend. Jelous and insecure [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, thanks for coming to help out. I don't want to go on a whole large rant, but I do want to make sure that anyone reading this truly gets what I am talking about. My name is Kevin and I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for a little over a year now. I met her in High school and...

How do I leave lazy/selfish psycho boyfriend? [ 8 Answers ]

My Bf and I have been together 5 years. Lived together 3.5, and have a 2 year old son. We have split up 3 times in the past for two months each time, and every time he swears he will change and he convinces me to come back. The problem: he doesn't have a job due to a layoff (okay, he still gets a...

My boyfriend is too jelous [ 20 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together almost 2 years. He's always been jelous and I always try to be the person he wants me to be, I don't go out very often, I don't speak to boys and I try not to wear revieling clothes.. but he always finds something to moan about. I know he loves me and when were...

Insecure Boyfriend Never Liked My Career [ 4 Answers ]

I use to work for a bank (7 years). My boyfriend hated the fact that I worked there because I was a manager (thinking young tellers would try something), the hours were crazy (the bank was like my 2nd home), and I complained about the job a lot (he would get frustrated AT ME when I was venting...

View more questions Search