Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Opinions on my story idea?
    I have an idea of a story I would like to get down on paper. I don't have all the details worked out, but I have a general idea. The genre this story would fall under would be science-fiction.
    This is the idea: The setting is in the future, in a big, American city that has been torn down in the wake of a civil war. Most Americans are not prosperous anymore, and the military is running out of funds and equipment. The military is also the best well-paying job open to the public.
    Scientists, looking to make some money, create human-animal hybrids- like super-mutants- that are sold to the military, and used in warfare on both sides of the civil war. The hybrids have both human DNA, and the DNA of a certain animal. (for instance, human fish hybrids could be used in underwater operations, and are cheap to make and train. Much cheaper than a million dollar submarine.) They are also paid just like any human that is either full, or part-time in the military. The first expiriments are done on volunteers, who are eager to get their hands on military pay, but most of the expiriments are unsuccessful, causing hundreds of deaths. As the death rate of these volunteers rises, and the rate of successful hybrids falls, there become fewer and fewer volunteers for these expiriments. But, the scientists are money-hungry, and kidknap thousands of people- men, women, and children of all ages, to use in their expiriments. (I'm still working out how they will accomplish this.)
    The story centers around a group of these hybrids that have been expirimented on unwillingly, and are wanting to get back to their normal lives, but first have to overcome the scientists, and the military.
    I think they will escape the place where they are imprisoned. After they are free, they will have to subtly overthrow the group of scientists that has kidknapped and killed so many people, all for their gain.

Like I said, still working on the details, but that's the best summary I could come up with. Does anyone have an opinion? Ideas? Thoughts?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2009, 08:53 AM

Sounds like it has the potential for a great story. What you have described is a great background. Now find your central characters and build them up in your mind until they are as real as the members of your family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good idea o bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

I am going down to near my ex girlfriend lives in a few weeks. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to tell her and see if she wants to hangout as friends or something. I haven't talked to her since we broke up in march, and things between us started so fast and then ended even quicker. Here...

This was a cool idea. A few opinions on it? [ 8 Answers ]

When I saw ironclad04 did this I thought it was pure brilliant... what better to do then to let the people you know and admire to read yout art work(poems) and have them comment it? Brilliant! This is one of my better poems and I want you all to tell me what you think about it... here goes... ...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search