Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 10:48 PM
    Bringing heat down with table fans
    A friend told me that he uses his table fans all winter to bring the heat down from the ceiling to warm the lower areas of his rooms. Does this work? I have five table fans. He told me to point them towards the ceiling. Does any of this really make sense or am I just wasting electricity. My heat comes from radiators and the heat source is gas. Thanks for the help!:confused:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 10, 2009, 11:08 PM
    If you have trapped heat at the ceiling level then anything you do to bring that heat down to the living area level will be a bonus. There is no way to actually calculate savings but the comfort level will be better. In most cases people use ceiling paddle fans to accomplish this instead of table fans but I am sure the table fans will do about the same job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump noise while in reg heat - not fans or vibration [ 2 Answers ]

Our heat pump makes a loud noise while in regular heat. Emergency heat and Ac setting do not make the noise. The noise seems to be in the copper pipes. It's not the squirle cage or fans. The copper feed lines are not blocked. Our inside unit is a 1990 Rudd while the outside unit was replaced...

Air conditioning with or without table and floor fans [ 2 Answers ]

When one is trying to cool down a room with an air conditioner (not central!) is it better to run ceiling, floor and table fans or is it better for the air conditioner to work alone? I don't want to waste electric if it isn't helping me to cool the room!:p :confused:

Both fans continuously running, but neither heat or ac kicks on [ 3 Answers ]

This is a '93 Goodman gas model furnace. From what I have read, I believe it may have a bad limit switch. Where would this be located and how can it be tested? There is a small Black component (roughly 3x2")with a Blue on/off switch located on the furnace where gas passes. I believe this may be the...

View more questions Search