Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capgirl49 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Oct 8, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Weeping Exzema
    I have girlfriend who has had chronic weeping excema for years... she has tried all sorts of things.. to no avail.. and whenever she has an outbreak (once/twice a year).. it stops her life completely and she has to go the cortisone route... and sometimes these conventional trmnts do not work. Weepening excema starts as itchy, wet blisters that over the course of two weeks harden into cracked and bleeding wounds... it is awful to see and she has to stay home and wear gloves etc. It is not contagious to anyone but her own body.. other areas etc

She has various theories as to why this developed ( she is a housepainter by trade) ands she is also a smoker. The main precursor to an outbreak seems to be heat... ie weather

Before this condition developed she had severe reactions to poison oak and in her mind there is some link there... as in allergic reaction.. morphing into greater chronic dermatological condition. (?)

She cannot handle anything on the outbreaks except clay... not topical ointments or sprays or even raw aloe vera gel! ( This was hard to believe I use Aloe Vera for all kinds of skins problems)

Does anybody have any kind of advice here or pointers?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2009, 05:13 AM

I have the same thing... my doctor kept prescribing cortisone creams which did NOTHING to help it.
    Eventually I just tried an eczema cream from the pharmacy (chemist) and it worked great!
    I just put it on and wore my gloves/bandages for 3-4 days and it was gone completely for about a month... it started coming back slightly so I reapplied the cream and bandaged overnight and it was gone again.

I was reading on the internet that the only other treatment was steroid creams with I personally wanted to avoid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why cat is weeping near my house? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am noticing since last few months one cat is weeping near my house. Every evening and morning she starts making sound, I don't know whether she is weeping or calling her partner. People says that my mom who is very old an 72 years old and very sick may be going to die.Is it true?...

Exzema Emergency [ 5 Answers ]

I have minor exema what creams should I use to clear it up?

Weeping conduit ? [ 11 Answers ]

( greenhorn alert) HI I was on the last of 1" pvc . Burying them 18'' deep on the way to the shed. for a 80foot run. so i can add my 4 #12 thwn.wires, Now I heard someone mention about water condensation, and that all conduit has water in them,and that you need to add weeping holes ,to keep...

Baby Exzema [ 2 Answers ]

My 6 month baby haz exzema. Can you please let me know what I should do. She has red spots on her cheecks and scratches all the time. I use aveeno baby cream and feed her the goats milk with rice, oatmeal cereal. Thank you.

Weeping tile [ 2 Answers ]

First of all let me say that the info received from this web site has been excellent--too bad we do not have the experienced experts available on line up here ( Saskatchewan Canada) that one could log on to and ask. The House I am in, is what would be defined as an old timer. Half basement that...

View more questions Search