Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Oct 6, 2009, 04:24 AM
    Do you know who you are in Christ?
    It is worth your time.Don't miss this one!
    OpenHeaven.com - Lance Wallnau - The Fusion Experience
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Yes I certainly know who I am in Christ
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Oct 6, 2009, 10:01 PM
    Yes. I am a child of God and every cell in my body is aglow with His Light, Life,
    And Love. Rom. 8:1&2 "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in
    Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
    2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." And so much more. "HALLELUJAH"

Blessings, Maggie 3
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 06:56 PM

Adam,

I know EXACTLY who I am in Christ. I sometimes just don't FEEL like I am. Does that make sense? Feelings don't equal fact though. :)

Oct 11, 2009, 09:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Adam,

I know EXACTLY who I am in Christ. I sometimes just don't FEEL like I am. Does that make sense? Feelings don't equal fact though. :)
    YES, that is the exact problem with most of us.We say we know but what we know comes mostly from our mind thus volunerable to emotions and feelings.We should know who we are in Christ,in the Spirit, let the Spirit tell us who we are.Tell us our name and what we are made to do in Christ.What is our exact purpose of being here.What was God thinking when he made each one of us?Nobody makes something for nothing.Everything is made for a purpose.What is your purpose on earth?Are we here to survive or are we here to LIVE?Are we here to being pushed by our environment or are we here to change the environment?
    rnrg Posts: 48, Reputation: 20

Oct 15, 2009, 11:00 AM

Adam,

A few years ago I taught a woman's Bible study. We read Max Lucado's book - It's Not About Me. In the study, I really got to see who I was in Christ.

It seems that knowing who you are in Christ is a journey that leads to self discover.

I'll never forget the author's words that asked if we knew what our position was in our universe. Did we think that we were at the center and God worked around us? Or, Should God be at the center and we work around Him. He went on to say that God was orderly and that He had everything placed just right so that HE would receive glory.

He said that the moon modeled our role. She generated no light, she was just a pox-marked clod of dirt, and she was LESSOR than the Sun. (I was not sure that I wanted to read that because I wanted to think of myself as something really important.)

But, when she was positioned in the right place, that she would reflect the greater light - the Sun. And even then, with this lessor role, she never complained, she was at peace, and she touched Earth with her softness. (Sometimes it is hard for us to accept as Christians, that some of the smallest and most insignificant tasks bring God glory. Obedience with humility is the key. We too often want to receive praise and be seen of men.)

The book really touched my life and caused me to really examine who I was in Christ. What were my motives? Had I accepted the role that God gave me? Was I bringing Glory to Him with every task that He gave me or with every situation that he put me in? Was I really being a Son reflector?

He definitely etched that in my mind so that I could be reminded just who HE IS.

Rita

Oct 15, 2009, 01:21 PM

rnrg
    That's exactly what I meant by asking.
    Thank you for your post.
    I believe that Lance Wallnau helped me the way Max Lucado's book helped you.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 11:01 PM
    Brother Adam,
    Yes I know who I am in Christ Jesus and I try to live up to that but I sometimes fail so I must start again.
    Fortunately God does not punish failure as long as we are relentless in going His way as best we can.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 11:11 PM

YES! I am his child.
    He loves me and protects me as his love compels him to do so.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 11:17 PM
    You can read all the book's in the world but love is what is all boils down to and love is an action!

You can talk and dispute until the cows come home but talk is NOTHING unless you walk the walk and that is what God expects from you!
    Are you doing his work everyday? Or just talking about his work?
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 01:12 PM
    artlady,
    Don't forget that Jesus Christ is also your brother in God.
    AND as a true Christian, as a result you are an heir to the throne, a princess under the King of The Universe.
    That is not meant to make you have "the big head" for you are expected to be and remain humble.
    As Jesus taught to be the best leader you must be the best servant, an obedient slave to the will of God.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 01:13 PM
    artlady,
    Don't forget that Jesus Christ is also your brother in God.
    AND as a true Christian, as a result you are an heir to the throne, a princess under the King of The Universe.
    That is not meant to make you have "the big head" for you are expected to be and remain humble.
    As Jesus taught to be the best leader you must be the best servant, an obedient slave to the will of God.
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is asleep in Christ? [ 54 Answers ]

Why Are we told to be Watchful ? And might we be counted accountable? Will you fall asleep in Christ? Luke 21:35-36 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things...

Having the Spirit of Christ [ 95 Answers ]

Are individual that walk in the spirit concerned, and alarmed sinners, or do they through the spirit destroy deeds of sin in their body, and fulfilled the righteousness of the law? Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the...

Who is Jesus Christ? [ 20 Answers ]

First off, I am not Jewish... I am a gentile. I do believe that Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah in the Old Testament, so I wanted to be up front about that. I have had an interest in Jewish culture since the first time I traveled to Israel more than 10 years ago. Since that time, I have...

We Rest upon Christ. Why? [ 5 Answers ]

I believe and trust this say it all. We rest upon Christ the Rock of our salvation. Col 1:23-29 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am...

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search