Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Office Complaint
    I have a complainer in my small office. We are a small office attached to a warehouse where manufacturing is conducted. She sent me an e-mail that she cannot handle the smell of the paint, pipe that's being cut, forklift or cigarette smoke that is coming through the vent overhead which is originating from another company in a different office. So, over the weekend, I purchased a fan and an assortment or oodor absorbing air freshners and general air freshners to scatter around the office. Now she is complaining that the smells are too strong in the office for her to handle. So... I have removed half of them and opened the front door to air it out. She doesn't like that, because there is too much noise from the traffic.

I'm getting tired of this. What can we do when production is going on? They have to paint and cut pipe and run the forklift. I can't eliminate the odor and if she doesn't like the air freshers, what can I do? Should we have all the employees sign something that says they acknowledge they are working in a manufacturing environment?

I feel like she is looking for any little thing to complain about.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    mom2girls98 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2009, 10:39 AM

Is she pregnant? She could be more sentitive to smells if she is.
    It sounds like you have tried to work out the situation. Are there other people in the office and if so are they bothered by the smells?
    If not then maybe the complainer just need to move on.
    Good luck.
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2009, 10:45 AM
    She is not pregnant. The other girl as well as myself can smell the odors coming from the warehouse. What can we do? It comes with the type of manufacturing they are doing. I open the front door. I feel that anything the slightest bit out of her comfort zone, in her mind in cause for complaining. She's too hot, she's too cold. She doesn't like the odor in the warehouse, now she doesn't like the air freshner odor. I told both the girls in the office, to use which ever air fresher they want, open the door/close the door, turn on/off the fan. Whatever makes them comfortable.

I think I have gone to great extremes to make them comfortable. Beyond this, is there anything else I should be doing?

I'm beginning to get frustrated. I can't get any work done because I feel like they are both just looking for any random thing to complain about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to open any office 2003 application after downgrading fro office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys I just uninstalled office 2007 and installed office 2003, but I cannot go to outlook, it gives me an error saying something like mapi. Please assist guys:confused:

Office 2000 vs. Office 07 Pros and Cons [ 1 Answers ]

I know this may seem odd. Im a network admin and the company I work for has 160 users on Office 2000. I would like to upgrade to Office 07. I need some compelling reasons to spend 50,000 dollars of the companies money. The owner is not software savvy, nor does he like to part with money. Any...

Uninstalling Office 2007 and Installing Office 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new Dell with a Vista system. It also came pre loaded with Office 2007. My problem is: I do contracting work at home and Office 2007 is not compatible with the software they use so I must install Office 2003 to continue to work. If I go to the add/remove programs in my...

Office 2007 asks for Office 2000 installation discs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I used to run Office 2000 but uninstalled it and installed Office 2007. When I run the Spell Checker it does not function. When I try to run it, The computer tries to install it and then asks for the Office 2000 Installation disks. I insert the Office 2000 disks but then it...

Office 2003 can't open after uninstalling Office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't open any of my Office 2003 applications. A 'Widows Installer' box pops up, and asks for SKU112.CAB. I can't find my original install disks. I tried a solution I found, opening in safe mode and stopping msiexec.exe, but the laptop then showed a Error 1311. Source file not found....

View more questions Search