Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sburlington6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Acid rain
    A biologist is testing the effects of acid rain on plant growth. She has 500 mL of a 12% acid solution, dut wants to use a 7% solution. To the nearest mL, how much water should she add to obtain the desired concentration?:eek:
    Mattlynn Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Nov 2, 2006, 04:48 AM
    If 500ml equals 12%, then I am assuming that 41.6ml is equal to 1%.

To get down to 7% acidity, just multiply 41.6ml by the number of percent reduction needed i.e 5.

Answer is 208ml - I think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rain Gutter Question [ 12 Answers ]

Hi. We're re-roofing our home and will be installing new rain gutters soon. Does anyone have any opinions on the leaf guards or gutter helmet products that are meant to keep debris out of the gutters? Do they work well? We have a lot of trees in the yard and many maples that make a mess in the...

Singing in the Rain [ 3 Answers ]

Cna anyone give me their veiws on freindship or irony in the film :Singin in the Rain"?

Coastal city with most rain [ 8 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined Which coastal city would probably experience more days of rain? Daytona Beach,Florida, or Portland,Oregon, or Portland,Maine, or Baltimore,Maryland

Solutions to acid rain [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing a report on the solutions to acid rain. I am wondering if anyone could help me find some solutions for acid rain and also tell me what it is. Thank you so much for your help! Also another thing that would be a big help is if you could gives me ideas on how to present my report. EX:...

View more questions Search