Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r6p7l Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2003, 12:55 PM
    My four month old puppy has blood in his poop? I
    My four month old puppy has blood in his poop? I assume this is abnormal. What should I do? What could this mean ?
    cher11 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2003, 02:28 AM
    My four month old puppy has blood in his poop?
    Hi,

This IS abnormal and should be checked out by the vet immediately. If your vet doesn't have weekend hours, try taking your puppy to an emergency animal hospital nearby, or to a vet who DOES have weekend hours. There are many reasons for this to be happening--he could have eaten something he shouldn't have--something sharp, or a toxic substance, for example, and you want to find the cause and have it treated ASAP, for the health and welfare of your puppy.

Good luck!

Cher
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Feb 16, 2004, 06:48 AM
    Before we start the pup should be checked out by your vet first. This could also mean that there is a worm manifestation and many parasitic worms may causes blood in the stools.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2004, 07:06 AM
    Many 4 month old puppies are great chewers. Many die from problems from things they chewed. He may have sharp splinters cutting his intestines.

Blood in stools may turn dark, almost black. If it is bright red, it may be from eating crayons or something. Still get him to the vet.

When the crises is over, come back and I will help you choose safe toys and restrict other chewing.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 6, 2004, 05:13 AM
    If it really is blood, it is serious, and the puppy should see a vet. I am sorry I missed your question the other day and am answering late.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy with blood in poop [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old poo-tzu, lstnight he woke up to go to the bathroom more than usual. This morning I noticed his poop was kind of runny, and looked like there may be some blood in it. Anyone know why this could be happening?? :confused:

Puppy won't poop outside [ 8 Answers ]

I just bought a six month old miniature pinscher. I have read that they are stubborn to housebreak. When I take him outside all he does is sniff around and eat bugs but will eventually pee. When he comes in, he sometimes poops within 5-10 min. I have even cought him squating and picked him up...

Help my puppy LOVES to eat poop! [ 4 Answers ]

:eek: Help! My brand new 12 week Chihuahua puppy is perfect in everyway except for his nasty habbit of eating his poop!! He even likes to eat other poop from other dogs and even deer poop that he found!! To stop him I clap really loud and say NO! He scampers away right after but then bolts right...

Help! My poop puppy [ 9 Answers ]

I just recently adopted my dog a German Shep. X. from the local humane society and for the first four days she was great. So much energy. Now she won't eat a thing and keeps throwing up early in the morning. She is still pretty playful but you can see that she is tired. I brought her the vet and at...

View more questions Search