Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jae30001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Bryant 395CA Furnace. Code 24.
    I have a Bryant Furnace and I am getting Code 24. 3AMP Fuse is blown. The 120V to 24/40V transformer inside the unit is humming. With a meter I'm getting 20V off a lead, and 28V off another lead. If I disconnect the lead wire from the control board the fuse does not blow. Could this be a bad transformer or am I leading myself in the wrong direction.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2009, 08:01 PM

The fuse that is blown is on the low voltage side which protects the transformer in the case of a short. Disconnect the low voltage wires, install a new fuse, if it blows again you have a bad circuit board if it doesn't, you have a possible low voltage short.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant 383KAV Furnace - Code 14 - Not getting 120 volts to ignitor [ 4 Answers ]

Still scratching my head on this one. Everything appears to be working fine on my furnace, except that the ignitor is not getting juice to glow orange/white, hence the gas is not igniting? I disconnected the ignitor harness from the control board, ran the test sequence again, and determined that I...

Bryant Plus 80 Code 33 [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Bryant Plus 80 that is throwing a error of 33 (limit or flame roll out switch is open). The last time this happened was because the hot surface igniter was broken (frequent problem as my furnace has a tendency to short-cycle). I had picked up a couple extra ones so I had them on hand to...

383KAV Bryant Furnace - Code 14 Not getting 120 volts to ignitor [ 1 Answers ]

Still scratching my head on this one. Everything appears to be working fine on my furnace, except that the ignitor is not getting juice to glow orange/white, hence the gas is not igniting? I disconnected the ignitor harness from the control board, ran the test sequence again, and determined that I...

Bryant Plus 90 code 33 problems [ 16 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have a 9 year old Bryant Plus 90, model #CD5AXW024017AAAA that keeps giving a code 33. After doing some investigating, I found that an old filter was still against the blower motor along with the current filter. The old filter was completely clogged- I think it worked its way...

Bryant 310AAV code 23 [ 8 Answers ]

I found your forum after having some issues with my furnace. Age is unknown because I rent and my landlords are out of town. When I went to turn the furnace on tonight, nothing happened. House temp registering 68-69 at thermostat, furnace doesn't kick on when adjusted to 72. Fan will turn...

View more questions Search