Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlove55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 10:43 PM
    Marriage license
    If a person gets married at the court house and gets a marriage license is there more that they need to do after that.I was married in Florida and got a marriage license and it expired after 60 days.Was there any other step I needed to take?and if I didn't take it am I technically divorced?
    jham123 Posts: 77, Reputation: 20

Sep 29, 2009, 10:50 PM

Lol... there needs to be a bit more info here. What do you mean the license expires?

Gawd I wish mine had an expiration date... what line did you stand in to get one of those?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 29, 2009, 10:52 PM
    Are you asking what happens if after the wedding ceremony the license isn't filed before the time limit expires?
    tlove55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 01:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Are you asking what happens if after the wedding ceremony the license isn't filed before the time limit expires?
    I'm just saying if a person gets married at the court house and gets a marriage license is there more that they need to do after that.I was married in Florida and got a marriage license and it expired after 60 days.Was there any other step I needed to take?and if I didn't take it am I... divorced?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 01:16 PM

Generally, it only expires if you don't get married. If you did, your okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military drivers license [ 1 Answers ]

How do you convert a military drivers license into a commercial drivers license?

Business license [ 2 Answers ]

What is the importance of obtaining a business license for my future electrical company?

Getting a driver's license in another state [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my suspension time is over, but in Pa. I must have an interlock license for a period of one year, which I failed to apply for a year ago. My question is: Couldn't I apply for one in a neighboring state? After all, my court sentence in up. Thanks, Michelle

Drivers license [ 1 Answers ]

What states don't utilize the national drive registry? I.E. - is there a state that will give me drivers license while I have a 10 year old D.U.I. probation violation warrant?

Can I get my Pa driver's license back? [ 2 Answers ]

In 1995 I was pulled over and did not have registration on my car. I paid all my fines and handled the issue, so I thought. In 1996 I moved to Az where I lived until 2000. I had a valid drivers license in AZ and never had any problems. I moved back to Pa in 2000 and went to get my Pa drivers...

View more questions Search