Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissMet Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 05:26 PM
    Will I be played? Or has this man stopped his games?
    Ill try my best to make this short..

I work in a chip shop part time for some xtra dosh along with another job, a well known man came in and my shift partner embarrassed the life clean out of both of us.. that's how we 1st met

Now the story

My colleague no's this guy so I suppose you could say she is a 'mutal friend' so when our shift was over he asked her for my number and we've been textin ever since..
    Atm he has the name as a player, to be fair after I heard what he'd been through I'm not surprised.. he was living with a girl, due to be married and she was having an affair , telling him she was away on work trips when really she was spendin romantic weekends away with someone else! (all happened last year and I literally just found this out)

However this guy asked me to meet up, initially he tried stuff on but I said 'not yet'.. we chatted more he tried it on again , I said 'no'.. so after the second time the next topic of conversation was my last relationship in which I was also engaged, my ex partner split up from me once I told him I was pregnant, 8 weeks later I lost my baby to find out a following 2 weeks later that my ex was cheating on me for several months! I didn't go into great detail with this guy I just told him that I was engaged and cheated on and told him he was lucky because I've sort of given up on men! (when I told him I didn't have a clue about his past)
    From that point on he's been a real gentleman, he hasn't tried anything on at all, and has just been cuddling and kissing me.. he text our 'mutal friend' saying 'thanks a lot for our wee mates number, she's amazing' my friend text back saying ' she's been through a lot keep her smiling' he replied to her 'i don't want to hurt her, she's amazing, I'm still pinching myself'

Here's the killer... I no I love him and I haven't a clue what to say or do! I don't no wheather to give him my heart and hope for the best but have the chance of hurting more or to run and hide, and tell him I can't see him anymore.. I'm stuck.. help please!
    troy70 Posts: 66, Reputation: 14

Sep 29, 2009, 05:58 PM

Keep hanging out and having fun. DO NOT let him pressure you into anything you don't want to do or it could go bad and he could end up "playing" you.

If he likes you for you then he shouldn't pressure you at all. Although he started really poorly in his actions.

As far as you loving him? Let's not jump the gun here, you hardly know him still. So keep your cool, don't throw yourself at him just because you think you love him. Yet don't run and hide because your scared of being hurt.

Take it at your own pace, if he likes you he'll stick around and respect your pace. If not then ditch him and move on! Running and hiding is never a good option unless you can tell from your heart that this man is a sleeze.

Best of luck.

Oct 16, 2009, 10:04 AM
    a confused we woman that needs to know what to say to a man who may be interested
    firstly id like to say thankx to anyone who reads and replies :D

Basically I've met this guy few years older than me, he started by texting the first three weeks a lot.. always had time for me and questions to ask. We've met up on several occasions and things have always been exciting, nothing sexual just cuddles and kisses. My friend asked if he was interested in me and he said I was a really interesting girl and he liked me a lot. However I'm not sure now weather he's still interested in me as he never seems to text me anymore.. He used to text every morn n wake me up for work.. recently he isn't texted at all.. yesterday I got a message saying ' so did your we brother hurt your fingers as well that you cany text? :) how's the we woman the day? :) xx' I replied being casual and explained that my arm was broken as well haha but then I didn't receive another message until there now saying 'wee bird my battery is nearly dead here so ill text you in the morning because I am at a friends house :) x x x' I'm not sure what to feel. I'm getting mixed signals I think. I don't want to scare him of by asking but I feel I need to send a we text and ask his what is happening with us? Could anyone give me any advice on what they thinks going on in his head and give me something to say in a text message to him that doesn't make me sound stalkerish because I'm fed up with mind games... thankx
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 10:14 AM

Can you give your ages,as it makes it easier for posters to give apprioate advice.

Thanks.

Oct 16, 2009, 10:19 AM

18 and 30 :S but his ex was 18 also and they were engaged until she cheatd... :S
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 10:24 AM

This is probably not going to be what you want to here,but have to asked yourself why he is interested in a much younger woman?

I would say this guy knows his stuff,and the reason he likes the younger woman is because women his own age see right through him! And probably can't get away with some of antics.

You sound like a nice woman,don't get pulled in by this guy, he is a player.. I don't him,that's true,but a 30 year old man trying it on with an 18 year old rings alarm bells.

I'm betting he is not interested in a relationship,his interest I would guess is only getting into your pants.

Oct 16, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Thanks for the advice, exactly what my mom said though, could do with something to say to him via text... worst of it is I work with his mum along with my mum and everyday when working his mum likes to tell me he's not like that and to give him a chance.. would you help me out on something to say to him?
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 10:35 AM

Look its easy..

Your not interested in old men, you like young fit 18 year olds! End of conversation.

Don't contact him,he will get the message, as far as the mother is concerned,ask your mam to have a word, I'm sure she agrees he is too old for you.

If his mother is pushing him to date younger woman,that in its self is a massive red flag, steer clear of him.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 10:55 AM

Is this the same guy? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...es-401129.html

18 and 30 is a huge age difference. Furthermore, you're telling us that he has a history of dating 18 year olds? There are so many obstacles to overcome.

Don't forget there are more than 6 billion other people in the world.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 10:55 AM

My advice is take your sweet time and let him chase you, then you can sit back and pay attention to what he says and see if his actions match his words.

The last thing you want is to fall to fast for an experienced older guy, because you were to smitten, and inexperienced to see if he is real, or just trying to charm your draws off. That takes time so what's the hurry? Its your heart we are talking about (or draws) here.

What to say? Keep it friendly, and pay attention.

What mom would bad mouth their son?? She is prejudiced for him any way.

Oct 16, 2009, 05:42 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/no-chat-speak-no-text-talk-303157.html
    talaniman thankx... I don't want to tar him with the same brush aseveryone else.. I don't want to play mind games either because I don't like them.. il just wait... x

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/no-chat-speak-no-text-talk-303157.html

Oct 16, 2009, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    Is this the same guy? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...es-401129.html

18 and 30 is a huge age difference. Furthermore, you're telling us that he has a history of dating 18 year olds? There are so many obstacles to overcome.

Don't forget there are more than 6 billion other people in the world.
    I no it's a huge difference but I find myself attracted to men that usually r 25+... is there something wrong with me? :S :confused:
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 06:16 PM

You went from you thought you loved the other guy, to this guy in a couple of weeks?? Explain this to me please.

Oct 17, 2009, 02:56 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relatio...lk-303157.html
    It's the same guy... n I do love him, never felt so strongly about someone in my whole 18 years lol :O
    Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 03:22 PM
    That's why going very slow, and seeing if its just lust, and attraction, as opposed to love is the wiser route, and seeing as he is older, and more experienced, getting to know who your dealing with is also the wiser way to go.

Geez this whole thing started with making out very early on, so let the lust settle before you make such strong statements, of the intense feelings you have.

It's a red flag that he likes them really young, too.

If you think your so in love, take the time (6 months at least) to find out, in a positive adult way. Its up to you to be smart, and protect your own heart.

Oct 17, 2009, 05:31 PM

OK I'll see what happens... thanks for the advice... x
    Laurenmichele8 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Oct 17, 2009, 05:47 PM

I think you should stop texting and let him do the chasing miss :) your young and if he wants you for you and not what's in your pants he will not be long in showing it hun.. you can make your decision then :):) Nice to advise a local
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMet View Post
    I no its a huge difference but i find myself attracted to men that usually r 25+ ...is there something wrong with me? :S :confused:
    If that's how you feel, then you should definitely take it slow. There's no reason to rush a relationship. Allow the relationship to develop over time.

Just keep getting to know each other and enjoy the time that you spend together. And definintely avoid doing anything that you're uncomfortable. Don't force a relationship.
    Laurenmichele8 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Oct 17, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    If that's how you feel, then you should definitely take it slow. There's no reason to rush a relationship. Allow the relationship to develop over time.

Just keep getting to know each other and enjoy the time that you spend together. And definintely avoid doing anything that you're uncomfortable. Don't force a relationship.
    Exactly. You can't help who your attracted to regardless of age. I personally don't think age matters however I do agree with taking things slowly and you should never do anything you don't want to do. I think the same rule applies to all relationships/dating esp in your case as your not sure how he feels or you have a gut instinct telling you its not right hence the fact your asking for help here
    Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 06:28 PM

Lust fades over time, but love grows ever stronger day by day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Games play games [ 3 Answers ]

I am not able to playe the microsoft games. Am using window`s XP desktop, also have same window`s on my laptok but able to playe on the laptok. The configr r the same. Don`t know what to do. Have scanned the system no virus threat!! I am trying to play Age of mythology

Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool; Dryer stopped heating and timer stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool Dryer that stopped heating and timer stopped working at the same time. What may have caused this?

Is my ex getting played? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex left me. And yes I want him back. The new girlfriend doesn't seem right to me. For one she meant him on myspace less than a month after separating from her ex. A few days into talking to my ex she was trying to convince him to stop talking to me. She was so into him when he had a great paying...

What's going on!Am I being played with! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all I'm still quite new here and this is one of my first posts,I would really appircate some Help. Ok well I split with my ex four months ago after being with her for a year and a half,we have a wonderful 8 month old daughter but in the end the stress of life etc just got untop of us we...

Am I being played? [ 3 Answers ]

A little history first: Were together 2.5 years. She dumped me late January because she felt suffocated. Because I didn't commit even though I did and I was waiting for her life to straighten out- legal issues she has. I told her this and she actually requested we wait to get married. I...

View more questions Search