Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 11:53 AM

The best type of birth control is different for every woman. I've always liked taking the pill. But I think I tried about 4 or so before I found the one that was right for me. Some women prefer the patch, depo injections, the ring, or an iud (I think I got them all). What I would do if I were you is, do some research of your own. Learn as much as you can about each type and have an idea of what type you think might be best for you so that you know what you want to ask your dr about. And then your dr can help you decide.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Oct 8, 2009, 01:03 PM

Also you need to be careful about what brand of birth control you choose to take. I've seen some commercials on recalls due to deadly side effects recently.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 01:08 PM

What brands? I haven't heard anything about that. That's scary. Where did you hear that? I'd like to read more.

Oct 8, 2009, 01:29 PM

I think it may have been Yaz, Yasmin and Nuvaring. I'm not 100% sure if I remember it correctly, that is why its best to ask your doctor.
    buggy 4life Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    the best type of birth control is different for every woman. i've always liked taking the pill. but i think i tried about 4 or so before i found the one that was right for me. some women prefer the patch, depo injections, the ring, or an iud (i think i got them all). what i would do if i were you is, do some research of your own. learn as much as you can about each type and have an idea of what type you think might be best for you so that you know what you want to ask your dr about. and then your dr can help you decide.

Thank you I will do that..

Oct 8, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    Also you need to be careful about what brand of birth control you choose to take. I've seen some commercials on recalls due to deadly side effects recently.

Can you please explain what you mean?

Oct 8, 2009, 01:51 PM

Drug Recalls - Yaz and Yasmin birth control linked to heart attack, stroke, and death

Here's a link I found about it.

That's why I suggest looking ino any particular brand of birth control before taking it to weight possible side effects and past history of causing these side effects.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 03:52 PM

Hm. I feel like I'm missing something. Every birth control seems to have very similar possible side effects. Every type I've ever taken always has a list of all of the things to watch for. Does that mean that yaz did not have that list? Or, I think I remember my list saying something about certain factors increasing the chance of those risks. Are they likely to occur with yaz in anyone? Even young, healthy, non-smoking women?

Anyway, you've made a very important point silverfox, it's always important to do your research! :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 03:54 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...iud-74800.html

Here's some personal accounts you might be interested to read. I've never been on an iud. Reading what our other members have to say, I think I'll be sticking with the pill for sure :) but again, every woman is different
    rewes Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2009, 04:04 PM

Buggy, as I recall.. . They all semed to work for me. Lol

Rewes

Oct 8, 2009, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rewes View Post
    Buggy, as i recall . . . . they all semed to work for me. lol

Rewes

I don't know about anyone else reading all of these responses.. but I'm getting kind of confused.. I think ill do my own research on them and tlk to my doctor at my next apointment. Thank you all though for giving me your insight.
    Heather Nickole.

Oct 8, 2009, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggy 4life View Post
    idk about anyone else reading all of these responces.. but im getting kinda confused.. i think ill do my own research on them and tlk to my doctor at my next apointment. thank you all tho for giving me your insight.
    Heather Nickole.
    Buggy, I 'm a guy remember. That was a joke. LOL. With a certain amount of truth to it.

Oct 8, 2009, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rewes View Post
    Buggy, I 'm a guy remember. That was a joke. LOL

I know.. I wasn't meaning yours was confusing.. it was the other two that got me confused. They kept going back and forth like they couldn't make up there mind about the birth control being deadly... that's why I said that.. sorry if I confused you... and yes I remember that you're a guy.. lol..
    Heather Nickole.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2009, 06:10 PM
    i know.. i wasnt meaning yours was confusing.. it was the other two that got me confused. they kept going back and forth like they couldnt make up there mind about the birth controll being deadly... thats why i said that.. sry if i confused you... and yes i remember that your a guy.. lol..
    Heather Nickole.
    Birth control isn't deadly Buggy. There are some that will work for you and your body better then others. That's why it's a good idea to keep in contact with your doctor when you start the pill, any pill.

There's are advances in birth control every day.

There are shots, there are pills, there are little rings that you put in your body. The sky is the limit.

Talk to your gynecologist or your family doctor, he/she will get you on the right track.

Are there risks? Yes, just like there are with any medication. A simple Aspirin can have risks. Those risks have to be mentioned because they can happen, but the population that is actually affected with any of the risks is extremely small.

Most of the risks are for women 35 and older, smokers, people with a history of blood clots, etc. etc. It sounds scary but really, it's not.

Truth told, the risk of the birth control pill is a lot lower then the risk of pregnancy, especially at your age.

Oct 8, 2009, 07:12 PM
    i know.. i wasnt meaning yours was confusing.. it was the other two that got me confused. they kept going back and forth like they couldnt make up there mind about the birth controll being deadly... thats why i said that.. sry if i confused you... and yes i remember that your a guy.. lol..
    Heather Nickole.
    Buggy, Got it.
    Sleep Well, Gary

Oct 8, 2009, 08:25 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you buggy. I'm not trying to say all forms of birth control are dangerous and deadly.

All medicines including birth control have potential side effects but I did want to point out that some may have more common occurrences of the side effects then others. If a certain birth control brand is causing more instances of dangerous side effects in women the others then you need to be aware of that.

Better safe then sorry! This applies to both using birth control and making sure you are taking the safest type for you.

Oct 9, 2009, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse ya buggy. I'm not trying to say all forms of birth control are dangerous and deadly.

All medicines including birth control have potential side effects but I did want to point out that some may have more common occurrences of the side effects then others. If a certain birth control brand is causing more instances of dangerous side effects in women the others then you need to be aware of that.

Better safe then sorry! This applies to both using birth control and making sure you are taking the safest type for you.
    Nice follow up Silverfoxkit. Rewes

Oct 10, 2009, 09:46 AM

Congrats! When is she due again?
    Thanks. She's due Feb. 12th

Oct 30, 2009, 12:15 PM

I thought id pop in and say hi to everyone.. and let you all now what happened at my appointment. Well my doctor said that she strongly recommends me to get on some form of birth control and to start using condoms along with the birth contoll.. so now, am I not only on the pill but I've been using condoms.. lol I just thought id let you all know what happened. You all did help me out a lot and I'm glad I found this sight when I did, my doctor also told me that she's glad to hear that I had some one to reach out to and get advise from.. so thank you all so much.. and also, I sat down and tlked to my mom so she know what happened and she also told me that if I'm going to be sexually active she wants me to use some kind of protection.. I hope you are all doing good.. have a wounderful and blessed day...
    Heather Nickole... (buggy)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 01:37 PM
    Thank you so much for the update. Many times we never hear back. It's so good that you are now using 2 forms of birth control. Better safe than sorry.

I'm happy to hear that you were able to talk to your mother. Sounds like the two of you have a great relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to get preganant [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to get pregnant for a long time, I have been married nearly eight years. I was very overweight and the doctors advised me to try and lose weight, they have checked my husband and everything is OK. I have been successful in losing weight and have lost over 3 stone in weight...

Preganant again [ 4 Answers ]

I really need some advice.iam 21years oldi I lost a baby at 19 by an ectopic then end up pregaant again at 20. Mylittle girl is 1 in 2weeks and I think I'm preganat again , I think I'm about 4 months home preganacy test do not work with me.its to the same person I lost my irst baby to but he is not...

Am I preganant? [ 3 Answers ]

I had intercourse with my boyfriend and he used a condom but it broke so he put a new condom on. I wanted to know if there was any precum and if so can I get pregnant from it?

I think I'm Preganant [ 3 Answers ]

Im 18 and I think I'm pregnant! I haven't missed my period yet but for then a week now I've been having cramps and kind of tired. I've Been feeling like vomitting on and off through out the days but then I got really sick. I started getting a soar throat and my whole body hurts.I can't seem to...

Could I be preganant? [ 12 Answers ]

Well first of all me and my fiancée had sex around the time of ovulation.. but the day I was suppose to start my period I started to bleed with no cramps.. not that long after the bleeding lightend up.. now I have been spotting pink blood for like 3 days... I also feel like my cervix and uterus is...

View more questions Search