Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buggy 4life Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2009, 12:15 PM
    I'm 17 and I don't know if I'm preganant
    Hello,

Well ill start with the fact that I just turned 17... my boyfriend and I had sex on Sept. 6th 2009. I'm not on any birth control and we didn't use any other birth control, he did use the pull out method though. We had sex before so it was nothing new... when I got up to go to tha bathroom I noticed I was bleeding. I wasn't due for my period until tha 9th or 10th. The bleeding was heavior than my usual period and it lasted only about a week.. I usually have my period for 8-10 days. I've taken 2 home preganancy tests and they both came out negative... I've researched all the sighns of preganacy and it seems like I'm getting all of them.. I've been getting really dizzy, along with tha headacks. My lower back has been hurting latly, I've been feeling like I'm going to throw up but I never end up throwing up. My legs have been cramping along with my lower stumick. I've also been wanting to sleep a lot more than usual. And that's not normal for me. If you can tell me anything. Please do.. I'm veary confused and I need to now...
    Thank you for taking tha time to read this. Have a blessed day..
    Heather.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Heather, it's possible that you are pregnant, however it's too soon for all of those symptoms to be showing up. It sounds as though you did get your period, so you will now have to wait until your next period is due to test.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 12:21 PM

Your symptoms don't point to pregnancy.You would only be a few weeks and in that time you would most likely be symptom free.

Wait until you have missed a period and then test with first morning urine.

You are playing Russian roulette and at some point you will run out of luck.Unless you are financially and emotionally ready to be parents,you need to smarten up about birth control.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 12:22 PM

May I add that the pull out method is not a method of birth control, it doesn't work, not at all.

Please, if you're going to have sex then find a form of actual birth control. The pill and a condom is a great idea.

There is not form of birth control that's 100% effective so if you're having sex then pregnancy is always a possibility.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

Sep 28, 2009, 12:34 PM

I understand to tha fullest that tha pull out method is not a smart idea... and I do understand that any time while being sexualy active there's a high posibility of a preganancy.. thank you for responding to my post... and believe me when I say this, it won't be happening again..
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggy 4life View Post
    i understand to tha fullest that tha pull out method is not a smart idea... and i do understand that any time while being sexualy active theres a high posibility of a preganancy.. thank you for responding to my post... and believe me when i say this, it wont be happening agian..
    That's good to hear.

Now you'll just have to play the waiting game, wait until your next period and if you miss it, test again.

Let us know how it goes.

We're here for emotional support, we just can't tell you for certain that you are or aren't pregnant.

Good luck. :)

Sep 28, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    That's good to hear.

Now you'll just have to play the waiting game, wait until your next period and if you miss it, test again.

Let us know how it goes.

We're here for emotional support, we just can't tell you for certain that you are or aren't pregnant.

Good luck. :)

Thank you and I will... I'm not due for my period until about tha 9th of October.. so I will let you know you know as soon as possible.. if I do miss it, do you think I should wait and see if I get it our test around that area?
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 12:41 PM
    thank you and i will... im not due for my period untill about tha 9th of october.. so i will let you know you know as soon as possible.. if i do miss it, do you think i should wait and see if i get it our test around that area?
    I'd wait until you're at least a week late, then test. Make sure to use first morning urine because it's more accurate.

I'll cross my fingers for you. :)

Sep 28, 2009, 12:43 PM
    I'd wait until you're at least a week late, then test. Make sure to use first morning urine because it's more accurate.

I'll cross my fingers for you. :)

All right. Thank you so much for helping me with this. I really do apreciate it.. do you mind if I ask you something?
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 12:51 PM
    alright. thank you so much for helping me with this. i really do apreciate it.. do you mind if i ask you something?
    No, go ahead, that's why I'm here. :)

Sep 28, 2009, 12:54 PM
    No, go ahead, that's why I'm here. :)

Is it normal to bleed heavy after intercourse? And how long would you say it would last?
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 01:01 PM
    is it normal to bleed heavy after intercourse? and how long would you say it would last?
    No, it's not normal.

How heavy?

How many times have you had sex?

This could be because of rough sex or your body just not being ready to accept him.

I really can't give you sex tips seeing as you're 17 and it's against the rules of this site.

Have you seen a doctor about this? That would be my next step.

Remember that doctors have doctor/patient confidentiality, so you shouldn't worry that your parents will find out. There's also planned parenthood, but I'm not sure what services they provide with regards to vaginal bleeding and the cause.

Either way you shouldn't just let this go. You need to find out why this is happening.

Sep 28, 2009, 01:05 PM
    No, it's not normal.

How heavy?

How many times have you had sex?

This could be because of rough sex or your body just not being ready to accept him.

I really can't give you sex tips seeing as you're 17 and it's against the rules of this site.

Have you seen a doctor about this? That would be my next step.

Remember that doctors have doctor/patient confidentiality, so you shouldn't worry that your parents will find out. There's also planned parenthood, but I'm not sure what services they provide with regards to vaginal bleeding and the cause.

Either way you shouldn't just let this go. You need to find out why this is happening.

I was going through at least 2 pads in one hour.. and usually when I wear them I could wear one for at least 2 or 3 hrs and it not even be half way full...
    Yes I have had sex before, but I didn't bleed at all...
    I've made an appointment to see tha doctor at planned parent hood and when I went in she was gone, so I didn't really get to see her...
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 01:11 PM
    i was going through at least 2 pads in one hour.. and usually when i wear them i could wear one for at least 2 or 3 hrs and it not even be half way full...
    yes i have had sex before, but i didnt bleed at all...
    ive made an appointment to see tha doctor at planed parent hood and wen i went in she was gone, so i didnt really get to see her...
    You really need to go again.

Bleeding that heavily is not normal at all and indicates that something isn't right.

It could be something very minor but it could also be serious.

Do you get yearly pap smears? You should be, especially because you're sexually active. If so, when is your next scheduled appointment?

Try again with planned parenthood, or your gynecologist.

Sep 28, 2009, 01:15 PM
    You really need to go again.

Bleeding that heavily is not normal at all and indicates that something isn't right.

It could be something very minor but it could also be serious.

Do you get yearly pap smears? You should be, especially because you're sexually active. If so, when is your next scheduled appointment?

Try again with planned parenthood, or your gynecologist.

Honestly, I don't even know what a pap smear is? All right. Ill call my doctor today and schedule an apointment.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Hun, a pap smear is when the doctor takes a little Q-tip and swabs your cervix for anything out of the ordinary. This should be done every year once you become sexually active.
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 01:20 PM
    honestly, i dont even know what a pap smear is?? alright. ill call my doctor today and schedule an apointment.
    Very good idea.

Here's some info on Pap smears. Sorry, it's Wickepedia, but the info is accurate.

Pap test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While you're there mention that you're concerned that you may be pregnant. You can also ask for a prescription for birth control pills but don't start taking them until you find out for sure that you aren't pregnant.

Make sure to mention the vaginal bleeding that you're experiencing.

Keep us posted. :)

Sep 28, 2009, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Hun, a pap smear is when the doctor takes a little Q-tip and swabs your cervix for anything out of the ordinary. This should be done every year once you become sexually active.

Thank you, I didn't know that.. ill tlk to my doctor about it today and see what she says..

Sep 28, 2009, 01:23 PM
    Very good idea.

Here's some info on Pap smears. Sorry, it's Wickepedia, but the info is accurate.

Pap test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While you're there mention that you're concerned that you may be pregnant. You can also ask for a prescription for birth control pills but don't start taking them until you find out for sure that you aren't pregnant.

Make sure to mention the vaginal bleeding that you're experiencing.

Keep us posted. :)

I will do so.. thank you.. I'm going to go call her right now and see when she wants me to come in.. As soon as I find anything out I will let you know..
    Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 01:25 PM
    I'm glad to hear you are taking charge of your reproductive health.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to get preganant [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to get pregnant for a long time, I have been married nearly eight years. I was very overweight and the doctors advised me to try and lose weight, they have checked my husband and everything is OK. I have been successful in losing weight and have lost over 3 stone in weight...

Preganant again [ 4 Answers ]

I really need some advice.iam 21years oldi I lost a baby at 19 by an ectopic then end up pregaant again at 20. Mylittle girl is 1 in 2weeks and I think I'm preganat again , I think I'm about 4 months home preganacy test do not work with me.its to the same person I lost my irst baby to but he is not...

Am I preganant? [ 3 Answers ]

I had intercourse with my boyfriend and he used a condom but it broke so he put a new condom on. I wanted to know if there was any precum and if so can I get pregnant from it?

I think I'm Preganant [ 3 Answers ]

Im 18 and I think I'm pregnant! I haven't missed my period yet but for then a week now I've been having cramps and kind of tired. I've Been feeling like vomitting on and off through out the days but then I got really sick. I started getting a soar throat and my whole body hurts.I can't seem to...

Could I be preganant? [ 12 Answers ]

Well first of all me and my fiancée had sex around the time of ovulation.. but the day I was suppose to start my period I started to bleed with no cramps.. not that long after the bleeding lightend up.. now I have been spotting pink blood for like 3 days... I also feel like my cervix and uterus is...

View more questions Search