Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feathersings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 12:00 PM
    How do I convert a whirlpool clothes dryer from LP gas to natural gas
    Hi we had our whirlpool our gas dryer converted to an LP gas dryer and now need to convert it back... How do we do this?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2009, 12:17 PM

Contact Whirlpool and have them send you a conversion kit. If you mean LP propane back to a natural gas that is. All that is required to convert it back is a different nozzle that the gas flows through. You may want to have this installed by a professional who can also check the proper pressure to your dryer at the same time. They use special testing guages to do this with. You may need a sligh adjustment changing the nozzles.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 01:10 PM

The orifice in the gas valve must be change to the proper size for natural gas. Best to call a qualified plumber.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 05:30 PM

All you need is the correct conversion kit, as twinkie suggested. Also best to have the pressures checked. Usually the conversion is more than just changing the oriface. Sometimes it requires changing pressure control in the gas valve(diaphram with springs) and sometimes its just a matter of adjusting a shutter vavle one the burner manifold.. either way, its best to have a pro in to do this, all though, if you have skills in this area, the instructions that come with the conversion kit are pretty straight forward. Good luck and please let us know how things work out. Lee.
    cjunkdlr Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 02:55 AM

It is very simple, did you save the little parts from the last conversion? You need to shut off the gas - remove the burner (careful don't bang that igniter it is very fragile) - if you don't have the parts go to a parts house and tell them, or better show them the burner - the kit is $10 or $20 - change the orifice (you'll need a 3/8" wrench) and the cap on the preasure regulator - slot screwdriver or plyers - reinstall burner (again don't bang that ignitor) This all presumes you can remember how you took it out (draw a picture if you think you might not)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I convert a propane clothes dryer to natural gas? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a propane gas clothes dryer and installed a conversion kit from the manaufacturer. My house connection already had a connection for my old natural gas dryer but when I connected the new dryer it is not getting gas and won't start. My inlet pipe has 2 psig regulator in line. What am I...

Convert my dryer from propane to natural gas [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on how to convert my whirlpool dryer from propane to natural gas please help gayle

Correctly venting a natural gas clothes dryer [ 1 Answers ]

What is the correct way to vent a natural gas clothes dryer? I just bought a used natural gas clothers dryer. What is the correct way to vent this dryer? The booklet says to use the rigid pipe and not to use the expandalbe foil vents. After the dryer has been on for a couple of minutes, I start...

Convert propane gas to the natural gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer in the basement that need to be used in propane gas but my current set up is through natural gas. I didn't realize until I try to dry the clothes but it was taking much much longer time... Is there any way that I can convert the natural gas? . Let me know Thanks

View more questions Search