Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mainwmn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 04:07 PM
    Electric Maytag Dryer not working
    The dryer drum does not seem to spin. Trying to move it manually, it seems very difficult to move. When I turn it on and push start the motor seems to be trying to move the drum. A few moments later the motor shuts off. Once in awhile the dryer will suddenly work. Heat is working. I had a friend push the drum manually with the door open while I pushed the button to start and the button that's depressed when you shut the door. Drum moves, dryer works but when I let go of the door button to shut the door, it won't start again. During this process we smelled something burning and saw smoke.
    cjunkdlr Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 03:17 AM

Maytag runs on two wheels in the rear and two glides in the front Make sure they aren't stuck or worn out. Then look with a flashlight down the filter slot and make sure thereisn't something stuck down there or in the blower housing. If those are clear it's 90% sure you need a motor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag estate dryer electric [ 1 Answers ]

My dryer gets hot when I push start button ,but it does not turn on or spin?

Electric dryer maytag [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a diagram to put a belt on my dryer de4000 and to put the plug on it

Maytag electric dryer not hot enough [ 1 Answers ]

My Maytag electric dryer is coming on, spinning, and heating a little bit. It is not as hot as it should be. We just moved and had to take the dryer apart to get it downstairs. The element and fuses have been tested and were okay. Could there be a wire connected wrong? Could the thermostat be...

View more questions Search