Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erin0991 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 09:22 AM
    He won't talk to me.
    We've been datin for months, everything used to be great, now the new has worn off, and a lot has changed, he's not affectionate, and I've tried to talk to him about everything that I feel is wrong, and he acts like he wants to laugh about it and says I'm over thinking things, we live together, and we've separated into diff houses twice now, I love him with all my heart, and he says he loves me to, but I don't know what to do, he says he doesn't have any problems, but what about me? He also said he doesn't really know himself because he's never dated ths long before, what does that mean to me?:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 09:25 AM

He is too immature to handle the situation erin. You would like open dialogue but he doesn't know how to even do that, can't express himself properly. You are going to be beating your head against a wall trying to figure him out. I don't know if you want to waste your time even though you know how you feel about him.

What it means to you, well, like I said, how much time do you want to give this relationship with immaturity?

Ms tick
    desertstar36 Posts: 46, Reputation: 10

Sep 24, 2009, 09:40 AM

My husband and I have problems too. He always says "I think things are fine". I believe in his mind they are. So I guess If things aren't fine to you(or me) then it is us that need to make the changes we need to make things OK again.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 11:27 AM

It seems like this guy is telling you, "I love you, you know that, and I've lived with you, but I won't go any farther, and you should be happy with that." I'm not talking farther physically. A relationship has to work both ways, and it involves becoming a "student of your partner." You know, learning as much as you can about each other. That's why older couples get worn out and bored of each other- they aren't trying to discover new things about their spouse. I would suggest learning your love languages and putting them into action... Both ways! This guys is clearly immature (as said before) and isn't taking your relationship seriously. I think the two of you jumped into this way too soon if you've only been dating for MONTHS. Learn about each other, and then see if it'll work out. After all, if you're both not in this for life- one of you will leave, plain and simple- there is no other option. Either marriage, or a break-up. Relationships take work, I suggest you both get on it.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 11:36 AM

You really need to sit him down and have a talk with him. Communication is key. However, it's also the manner in which you present your thoughts. So when you discuss these issues with him, make sure you explain your concerns clearly and express your suggestions. If he's never been in a relationship for so long, he might need some relationship guidance.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 11:44 AM

I wish is right. If you do sit down and talk, don't raise your voice, don't put up your defenses, repeat what the other person says, and say things as clearly as possible so there's no confusion.
    erin0991 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Listen to what I'm saying
    I have tried to sit him down to talk, he sits there and smiles like he thinks this is funny, but to me these things are important, we had problems before and he said he need to work more as a team, but it seems I'm doing everything, I told him that I feel that way, and he says nothing, like he thinks all I want to do is make him feel bad but that is absolutely not what I'm tryn to do, I want him to express himself and talk with me, he says everything is fine with him, but its not me, but he acts like he doesn't care if I'm having problems.
    troy70 Posts: 66, Reputation: 14

Sep 24, 2009, 04:15 PM

Sounds like a real winner. Move on, find someone more mature and on your level.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 04:37 PM
    Threads merged

Please post your responses onto your original thread.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 10:06 AM

He doesn't respect you. You definitely deserve more than this. You don't want to have to deal with this in a marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I said something to my friend and now he won't talk to me. [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, earlier on in the school year I sent a text message to this mate with some gay things in it... now he thinks I'm gay (Which I'm not). He told a couple of his best mates, now he won't talk to me and they sometimes call me gay and things... please help.. What Can I Do?

Best Friend won't Talk To Me [ 5 Answers ]

My Best Friend of 5yrs won't talk to me now and hasn't done so for a month or so. You see I annoyed her by sending her a few (2) snotty texts because she never answers my calls or responds to my texts anymore. When I asked her to call into my house one day on her way home from somewhere she didn't...

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

He won't talk [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 2 1/2 years old and I'm having trouble getting him to talk. He is trying to. You can understand what he is trying to say but the words aren't coming out clear. Its mostly still baby babble. You can tell theat he understands what you say to him. He says very few words clearly. I am...

View more questions Search