Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latte_rose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Breaking a lease!
    Please help, I'm desperate. I recently moved into a lower duplex in Wisconsin. The upstairs tenant has been sabotaging the living arrangements. First her cat urinated on many of my belongings in the basement. Then he lays on our patio table- where we eat. Then he waits at our front door and my son can't get in the house without the cat almost getting in. in the city NO animal is free to roam. Her children's toys are all over the yard. She parks her car at the end of the driveway so I'm unable to enter or leave. Because of her cat there is a foul smell in the common area. Many of these things are listed as no-no's on the lease, but I don't want to be the pesty tenant. I WANT TO MOVE!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2006, 03:13 PM
    Hello latte:

Then do it. I would. Let them sue. When you present copies of all the letters you've written to the landlord, and when you show the judge the pictures of this attack cat, and bring witnesses who will tell of the smell, you should win.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2006, 06:13 PM
    Have you sent written complaints to the landlord, have you looked into sueing the other tenant for damages to your property.

Have you called animal control

Have you mentioned having their car towed if it is blocking the drive??

Take control of the situtation.

If after you make all your complaints, the landlord does not fix it, then you would have some grounds to move

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a lease [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I lived in Louisiana and had a 1 year lease and he was transferred to Mississippi and I also found a job there. We have only paid 4 months of rent. The lease does not allow sub-letting. The landlord has done nothing to try to rent the place. We have been out about two weeks and we...

Breaking my Lease in WI [ 1 Answers ]

I signed a 6 month lease when I was desperate for an apartment. 4 months later, the other tenants children have broken my bike, the downstairs neighbors are potheads, the landlady is an irresponsible alcoholic. She promised things like that the door would be fixed when we moved in, that she would...

Breaking lease [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Maine and have signed a 1 year lease. My husband and I were able to purchase a home, so obviously we will be moving out. I heard somewhere that once you have fulfilled a 1 year commitment, it doesn't matter if your landlord has you re-sign a lease, you are month to month. I haven't been...

Breaking a Lease [ 3 Answers ]

Two weeks ago I went and put a $75 deposit down on an apartment and signed a lease. The apartment wasn't supposed to be ready until Sept 26th. I got a call on Aug 30th stating the apartment was ready, but the very next day, situations arose that are going to keep me from renting the apartment. I...

View more questions Search