Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ecko4ever Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 12:51 PM
    All we do is fight
    OK my name is rob I have a year old daughter and my and my girlfriend just fight all the time she is not happy and I am not either but we do want it too work if any one has any in put please I need help with this one and this is the only way I know how without talking to any one I know just feel too embarrass about all this we have been together for 3 years now and we both love each other just fight all the time.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 12:54 PM

I suggest you try counselling. A neutral third party can really help keep the peace in the middle of a heated argument.
    troy70 Posts: 66, Reputation: 14

Sep 22, 2009, 12:56 PM

If you really want it to work, compromise. Try to talk about your problems without letting it escalate into a fight. Listen to what your partner has to say. Take a step back and think to yourself. When you say you want it to work, and she does too, what exactly do you do? Do you both argue your points about what you want to change? Compromise!! If your not willing to listen and understand how your partner feels you will just continue fighting.

Worse comes to worse... go seek counseling.

Best of luck
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 01:01 PM
    I am going to vote for counseling, as well.
    If you want to save your relationship, counseling is your best option for new ways to motivate communication instead of fighting.
    Until you have the tools, you can't build the foundation.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 01:45 PM
    Go to a counselor. But before you do, make sure you and your girlfriend make some kind of ground rules.

That you both will promise to be open to all suggestions and input. If you go into it with a closed mind, you'll get nothing out of it.

Don't go in there and attack one another with insults and accusations. All that will do is make matters worse.

Try to be respectful of each other, and most importantly be open and honest.

If you truly want to make this relationship work, you both are going to have to work at it.

Nothing worth having is easy.

You both should read books on relationships. Dr. Kevin Leman has some good ones.

I wish you both luck and patience.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 04:08 PM

You do need some guidance, but what are you fighting all the time about? How old are you both? School?/ Working??
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Sep 24, 2009, 06:27 PM

Send the baby to the babysitters or grandparents one day. Be alone with your girlfriend and start the conversation with how you do not want to fight, this is not the intention.

After both of you get your own piece of paper to write down the problems you guys see in the relationship and how you think they can be fixed. After you are done share what you have both written down. Hopefully it goes well. Maybe play calming music through it. Also after maybe have a nice dinner together and get that old flame back!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First Fight [ 4 Answers ]

I had wrote a post about the first fight that I had with my boyfriend, if you haven't read it this is the situation, I am in Barcelona for two months (returning back to USA, in two weeks), I meet this guy in Madrid (witch is far away from were I am, I was spending the weekend when we meet), we hit...

He want to fight me. Again [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a sophomore in high school. There is this kid that wants to fight me but I don't not want to fight him. When I was in middle school in the 8th grade him and I had fought because he was kept picking on me so I got tired one day and punched it got me suspended. So now he just got transferred...

Can I fight this [ 5 Answers ]

In 2005 we were renting and apartment, we were going to be moving when our lease was up the first of march.. Feb 1st I wrote out a 30 day notice to give to the landlord. I gave it to the assistant manager of the apartment complex we lived in. She returned it to me telling me she couldn't take it...

View more questions Search