Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doc444 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2004, 06:31 AM
    How many calories for a daschund?
    My daschund is struggling with a slight weight problem, and I'm wondering if anyone knows the correct amount of calories a daschund should eat in a day? He's a regular sized daschund with a normal activity level, and he's 4 and a half years old. Thanks for any help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2004, 09:20 AM
    Re: How many calories for a daschund?
    Your dog definitely should be narrower at the waist than the hips and chest.
    You should be able to easily feel the ribs, but not see them. Each dog is
    Different. Standard recommendations are a good place to start, but each dog
    Must have its food adjusted to its individual needs. See
    http://www.purina.com/dogs/nutrition.asp?article=292.

The real answer to your question is a little less than he is getting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New Daschund [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my wife received a new 2 year old Daschund on Monday. Her name is Ginger and she is very sweet. I have had other dogs growing up, but this is my first Daschund. I don't know exactly what's wrong with her, but she was spaded this past Wednesday and given her vaccinations. Do most female...

My daschund [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Daschund that is about 2 and a half years old. She was a stray that dropped into our laps when she was less then a year old, she still had a puppy tooth or two. Anyway, I have noticed that she seems to go through cycles of itching on her back. She does not have fleas. IF I let her she...

Calories [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website where you can give them your intake of daily foods and work out your calories.

Daschund Ill [ 2 Answers ]

My daschund is turning four this Dec. 15, and she's having problems that aren't becoming of her personality. Meaning, she used to be active, and very energetic, but nowadays she's very lethargic, and has a habit of "sitting" everywhere. I hope it isn't her back, but I can't find a lot of...

New Daschund [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, We just got a new little mini daschund, a male. WE have had him about 10 days and he just turned 8 weeks. We are doing OK with the pottie training but are having difficulty with the crate. Our breeder suggested paper and out side training and we were doing both.. Taking him out...

View more questions Search