Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prashanth_335 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 02:11 AM
    Portable hard disk
    Hi to all...

I have 160 gb portable hard disk , can I install operating system xp/sp2 in that? Because I don't want to mess up my laptop xps m1330 which is working on vista.

Looking for response plzzz:)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 22, 2009, 02:18 AM
    Nope.
    XP Must be installed on a FIXED internal disc, it will NOT boot from a USB device.

There are various flavors of Linux that will though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

Choosing a portable external hard drive [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having difficulties choosing a portable hard drive with so many options available in the market these days. Should I stick to the branded pushbutton ones like Maxtor, Seagate, etc or one of those build-it-yourself ones? Are there any distinct advantage between the two? What special...

Portable hard drive passwords [ 3 Answers ]

How do I password protect a file I am putting onto a portable hard drive say for example I want to save old emails or work that I am not using but want to protect so only I can access it? Any help would be Awesome! Thanks

USB Portable Hard Drive [ 4 Answers ]

I have an existing hard drive that was formatted to be a slave (without OS) and has data already on it. I removed the hard drive from the machine and plugged it into a USB Portable Hard Drive. My computer will not recognize that the external hard drive is present. I do not want to erase the data...

View more questions Search