Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RodriguisIUR Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Dimensioning AC for a gym?
    Hello,

In the coming months I will open a gym with aprox. 340 sq.meters ( 3660 sq.ft)

I want to provide Air fresh and hot air with an air conditioner, but with differente zones.

I want to divide them in 4.
    Zone 1 = aprox. 70 sq.m (753 sq.ft)
    Zone 2 = aprox. 60 sq.m (645 sq.ft)
    Zone 3 = aprox. 110 sq.m (1185 sq.ft) ( men and women toilets with showers)
    Zone 4 = aprox. 50 sq.m (538 sq.ft)

I came here to ask if someone know how many BTU I will need?
    How do I know how many kW per sq.meter I need? Or BTU per square meter?

Of what I read, I think I need something like [120-150)W per square meter, but in the showers is this really necessary?

For the Total area will I need 35kW of power? 120000 BTU?

Can anyone answer me?
    Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 04:04 PM
    I suggest you contact a local building department official in your area or a HVAC engineer in your area. The code for fresh air requirements change from city to city and state to state depending upon which code cycle has been adopted. You will need to know that value before any other calculations can be done. Since this is a nonresidential structure you will need the assistance of the engineer/architect to do your plans for approval by the local building authority since the plans have to carry a stamp of approval. This is the way it works in the USA.

I do no engineering on this site as it is far to time consuming but others here might be able to toss some calculations your way. This is all the help I can be.
    taylor_d Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Here's a simple calculator, that would really help with the zone-by-zone calculation of BTU: Air Conditioner BTU Calculator

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dimensioning in Autocad [ 1 Answers ]

While dimensioning in autocad, how do I dimension a drawing in mm or cm. I got one drawing and want to dimension it. There are options in dimensioning like engineering, architectural etc. Can anybody guide me.

View more questions Search