Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrssrigsby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Odd size mobile home plumbing pipe, similar to pvc
    I live in a mobile home. A pipe inside a wall is leaking. After cutting the wall open I found out the kind of pipe used is a very odd one. The size appears to be less than a half inch.

It has been suggested this type of 'pipe' is used primarily in mobile homes. It is pliable enough to be stored on huge rolls, just for some background.

In the event I choose to attempt this job myself, where would I find this type of material? Second, what suggestions can anyone offer as a remedy, short of a flammable agent and a match?

Thank you for the opportunity to explore and investigate this situation as well as for any time and effort spent on my behalf. God bless, Susan
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 19, 2009, 10:39 AM
    What color is the tubing? Sounds like 3/8" Pex tubing. Regards, Tom
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 19, 2009, 01:40 PM

Im betting its grey or black. If its what I'm thinking of, it is no longer made. Your best bet here will be to cut a small portion of the pipe out, and take it to a local plumbing supply store so they can give you the correct fittings to repair the leak. Good luck and please let us know how things work out. Lee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Size of rough in plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I am roughing in a kitchen sink with a disposal and also a pedistal sink in a bathroom// after reading a number of articles on this website it appears that the kitchen sink waste line is positioned 12 inches on ceter above the finished floor with the supply stub outs at the same height? About 8...

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

Inside wall plumbing size requirement [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing plumbing for a full bath and next to it is a 1/2 bath in the basement. I'm ready to run the pipes up into the 2x4 walls. Can I continue through the walls with a 2 inch vent pipe or does this size need to be reduced? I will be connecting to a 2 inch vent that is run separately up and...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

PVC PLumbing in mobile home [ 7 Answers ]

I have PVC water supply lines that screw right onto the faucets. I have to turn the house water supply off to change a washer is there a way to add a shut of valve? Can I simply cut the line and use a hose clamp to attach a shut off valve and then use braided metal hose to go up to faucet?

View more questions Search