Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    help me man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 08:16 PM
    Echo leaf blower won't stay on
    My echo leaf blower turns on but when I give it gas it gose off. Spark plug is new. Air filter is new to. I should add that it's about 6 years old and went a year with out the air filter while in use.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2009, 11:07 PM

My experience with Echo hasn't been good, but they honored their warranty after I destroyed it. The type of leaves I had severely restricted cooling of the aluminum head. Got all my money back and bought a Stihl.

I'd be looking at carb problems. You might have to disassemble and clean You could try s small amount of Seafoam carb cleaner mixed in the correct proportions and start the unit and let it rub out.

Then use a fresh gas/oil mix and see what happens.

Storing the unit with gas in it or gasoline for a few months without some type of fuel stabilizer is asking for trouble. Near the end of the season start using Fuel Stabilizer in your fresh fuel. Run the gas out of the unit when you store it if you can, I use it to shovel light snow too. I might be raking leaves in January and February too.

Throw the air filter in the wash once in a while and replace the plug at least once a year.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 19, 2009, 11:55 AM

Hi,
    I agree that is probably fuel related, except that a clogged screen in the muffler will give the symptoms you describe because the machine cannot vent the spent exhaust gases.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ran leaf blower without oil [ 13 Answers ]

My darling wife ran a Craftsman leaf blower with straight gas - no oil mixed in. It ran about 10 minutes then stopped. The starter cord will not pull. I took it apart and can see what is stopping the cord - 2 spring loaded arms are hitting a round, grooved plastic piece in such a way that it stops...

205 craftsman gas leaf blower [ 2 Answers ]

What is the oil to gas mixture ratio for the 205 craftsman gas leaf blower? We have lost the owners manual.

Gas Leaf Blower [ 5 Answers ]

I have a McCulloch 32cc Gas Blower.When I put the choke on it starts and then when I put it on run it dies out.

Echo BP Blower will not start [ 2 Answers ]

The strangest thing is going on with my Echo Back Pack Blower. It will not start with the tube attached. If I take the tube off, it starts right up and runs fine. Put the tube back on while its's running, and it runs fine. I have rebuilt the carb, new filters, new plug, still at a loss. Do not...

Leaf Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leaf blower and I think I ran it with too little oil and now the cord will not pull through to start the machine. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

View more questions Search