Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    solodurden Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Fallen for this girl and now I'm stuck both afraid and confused
    There's a girl I have fallen head over heels for. I met her when my best friend liked her, then she was in all my classes and I started to like her then she went back to her very creepy and unstable ex-bf, then she turned me down, then we became close friends, then she dumped her ex then seemed like she started to like me. Then the summer came. Didn't hear from her, then we hung out just us, then didn't hear from her again, then sparingly, then I heard that she was talking to her ex again. Then I saw her but didn't say anything. I really want to pursue her, but am afraid of rejection and I don't like telling people I don't like them and therefore am afraid of taking a stance against her ex, who I know, from several accounts of dear friends of mine, to be a stalker, and unstable. I've let 3 weeks go by since trying to talk to her. We're in college now, which means it's very difficult to see each other. She's bad with answering/replying to anything be it phone, email, text but told me once that if she doesn't answer she's busy and that I should keep trying. I stopped trying, and now realize I did it out of fear of success and failure. I want this girl more than anything. I know she's had feelings for me before. She always runs back to her ex whenever anything gets scary however, almost like a creepy older guy naïve younger girl situation you see on Dateline. Any help? Any advice? Please?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 17, 2009, 07:06 AM

How far apart are you guys?

She sounds pretty unstable and unsure of what she wants. Furthermore, she's difficult to get a hold of, so you're not going to be able to talk to her much and allow her to get to know you better.

Feelings can't be forced. If you guys had time to get close, then she had time to possibily develop feelings for you. However, that doesn't seem like the case. It sounds like she just wants a friendship. Otherwise, she would make a bigger effort at contacting you.

You can tell her how you feel and put the ball in her court. However, be prepared for rejection, because it looks more likely that she just wants a friendship with you.

You're in college now. So there's plenty of new people to meet. Don't limit yourself to someone who keeps crawling back to her ex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I've fallen in love with a girl who's engaged. [ 10 Answers ]

K I need all the input I can get that would be great thanks. So how the story goes is I met my friends sister at work. She has been engaged for 5 years were both 19 yrs old. At first I didn't think nothing of it but as time went by we started to talk more and more about anything and everything...

Fallen for girl -- but he likes her too [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there, I need some advice about a situation that has risen recently. I work in an office with a small team, girls and guys, and we all went out for a social event recently, so I decided to bring some friends along to add to the numbers. A friend of mine saw a colleague of mine, and has...

Afraid and confused [ 10 Answers ]

Long story short.. been in a long distance relationship with a man for about 5 yrs. It has been serious for the past year, were have been exclusive and started talking about the future , kids, marriage etc. We are both divorced with kids. See each other one week out of the month and have a...

Have fallen and kissing a girl that has a boyfriend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey all!! Here is the story... I have been kissing this girl that I really like for a couple of months. My home town is close to hers but she works and lives about 200 miles away, she also has a boyfriend with about 9 months. This beautiful girl only comes home every second weekend and I have...

Fallen for a girl [ 11 Answers ]

I have known this girl in the grade below me for about 1 year now and have always really fancyed her. The problem is that she has always seamed to have a boy friend and they always seam to be the wrong kind of guy =/, I have always found her to be really nice and not the kind of girl you might be...

View more questions Search