Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    435Studio Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Sep 16, 2009, 04:45 AM
    Drywall Ceiling for 21' x 14' Room
    I need advice on hanging drywall on the ceiling in this room. The joists run in the 14' direction and are 16" on center. I have 4x8 and 4x12 drywall sheets available to use. How would you suggest that I layout the sheets? I have attached a possible layout. Please feel free to comment, critique, advise, etc. Thanks!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Ceiling.pdf (18.6 KB, 232 views)
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 16, 2009, 05:49 AM

Attached Images

creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 09:58 AM

U want to break the 4' butt edge, not the 12' or 8' beveled edge.

Harold gave u good lay out.

Chuck
    435Studio Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Sep 16, 2009, 11:24 AM

Thanks for the responses...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drywall For Large Room- Walls and Ceiling [ 10 Answers ]

I have a space that is about 30' x 14' that needs to be drywalled, both walls and ceiling. Does anyone know what the approximate cost for something like that would be? There's currently paneling on the walls and a drop ceiling throughout, which is hung from bare beams on one side of the room and...

Installed Ceiling Fan in Room A, Lost Light in Room B [ 7 Answers ]

Below I've got a link to two pictures of both electrical boxes if this helps. I have two bedrooms next to each other. They are on the same breaker. Today I installed a very basic ceiling fan into Room A. the wires in the electrical box coming from the ceiling are two tan, one black. I...

Basement ceiling drywall [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to put drywall on my basement ceiling. Is it best/required (due to building code) to use a flame retardent 5/8" board?

Sagging drywall ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I have a unheated garage with a drywall ceiling on 24" centers... over the years the drywall is buckling between joists... can this be remedied by placing furring strips perpendicular to the joists... and if so... what size furring strips... THANX... Chevtri

Drywall sheets don't fit in my room, how should I cut them [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone I couldn't get 4x8 sheets of plywood into my third floor. I had to cut them (2X8 sheets). Does anyone have a suggestion for how to cut the 4x8 drywall sheets (2X8 or 4x4 or other) to end up with the fewest seams. The ceiling height is just less than 8' if that makes a difference. ...

View more questions Search