Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Great2bcreative Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 03:06 PM
    Judgements Against Me
    This is complicated.

I am married. I have credit card debt in my name only. Two judgements against me only. I am incredibly stressed. I have my own checking account and then I have a checking with my husband. They attached a levy against my checking account.

I know they will probably garnish my wages. But my question is: Will they go after my husband and my checking account? Well they place a lien against our home which is in both of our names?

I have tried working with the law firm to negoiate monthly payments but they want an extravagant amount of money each month. If I had it I would have paid it. I have been unemployed---medical issues--and are just clinging onto our house. We have children and I don't know what to do? I get letters, interrogatories, summons, etc. Any advice?
    PS any form of bankruptcy is not an option.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2006, 03:01 AM
    They can only attached items in your name only. They cannot attached you're the homewhich is in both names. As for the joint account, they will try, Your husband must file a Motion to Quash any lien against that account.

You need to pay the judgment to remove the lien on your account.

Oct 29, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Thank you. This gives me some hope. :-)

Jul 22, 2007, 01:11 AM
    The attorney with the judgement against me has put a hold on both my husband and my checking account. They have done this several times. The first time they took also $1000. I was sick because I couldn't pay our mortgage. Then they did it again and only collect $102.00. How often can they attach my checking account?

And again I was the only person on the credit card and they put a hold on the account in my name and my spouses name.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 03:29 AM
    File Motion to Quash the Garnishment, third party claim. Your spouse has to file the claim against the garnishment, if they a repeatly do this, have your spouse file harssment charges against the attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search