Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kord Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 11:55 AM
    Sad with hair mess
    :eek: Oh I am so sad. Self esteem poor to begin with,and my hair coloring made it worse. Only wanted to feel better about myself.

I had a medium ash brown. My daughter, meaning well of course thought it should be a bit darker to reach my desired shade which was my natural shade. *note: the med. Ash was dyed from a disaster a pro in the family did and she liked it, so refused to correct.

We are very poor. Hence, at home kits. The color now is 5C (ash). Almost shoulder length hair, very fine, choosy and can never duplicate same good hair day twice. Very wavy in back, straight in front. Left to dry on own, looks odd, and waves in back cannot be brushed or frizz ensues on ends and waves turn barely wavy, but still don't blend with front's stick straight and volumelessness. Tried pro and home products need SO much can never brush through.

It has been 4 days of utter hatred of my hair. Want to run to the drugstore immediately and try something. My goal is dark nuetral blonde, then maybe 2 shades highlights with additional 1 or 3 shade lighter or darker highlights. Jennifer Aniston look?

I beg of you, please help, as soon as possible. I thank you in advance for any and all advice.

PS am saving up for a salon haircut (not the while you wait kind of salon)
    peachies Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 04:38 PM
    I understand it's hard when you have a budget and can't really go all out in the salon to fix it. To get the jenn aniston haircolor, I suggest maybe you use bleach and then use highlight kit over it. Perhaps its best you ask a stylist for advice and try to replicate that at home.

good luck =)
    Kord Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 09:56 PM
    Thank you Peachies for your reply.

I have read all the posts similar to mine and not one person mentioned their hair took on the appearance of a wig. My sister left 20 volume here. No lightening powder though. What to get?

I use Nexxus Therappe and Humectress (most reliable with my meds hanging a number on my hair, but does weigh hair down). Because these are so moisturizing, would it still be necessary to deep condition? Also, wash hair every other day, but condition ends every day on moistened hair.

So far I have resisted running to the beauty supply store, but can't hold out two more days. Being caught by four children (single disabled mom) crying because I don't recognize myself is not good for them to see. Two men I tried to flirt with to give the hair a chance literally abruptly ended an otherwise nice conversation by turning around and walking away without so much as an excuse when it was appropriate in the conversation to ask for their phone number. When my hair was blonde this never happened to me. It hurt so much.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 29, 2006, 09:06 PM
    In order to go from brown to a dark neutral blonde, you have to lighten your hair and then apply your goal color. You will need to use a 20 volume developer with a bleaching agent to lighten your hair. After the hair is lightened, you can apply your selected color. Sweetie, you shouldn't attempt to fix it yourself, you might end up over-processing your hair or it can turn out an uneven color. Please go to the salon and have them do the coloring process and highlights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I turned my pretty blonde hair into a dark brown mess! [ 4 Answers ]

I have (HAD) natuarally golden blonde hair. I wanted to go to a medium brown shade. It came out a little dark on top, but nothing I coulnt deal with, my bottom however, its almost black, dry and dead (needs to be cut), with a greenish tint to it. I absolutely hate it! I went out and bought a...

Hair color mess-up [ 6 Answers ]

OK so I dyed my hair black and I got dye on my neck and ears. The blonde hairs on my neck and ears got dyed black. Is there a quick way to fix that?

Hair color mess up [ 1 Answers ]

I messed up may hair coloring it at home. How can I strip the color out without having to go to a salon?

Hair Dye Mess [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I went to a hair salon and came out with chunks of dark brown hair. I use to have dirty blonde hair (more on the blonde side.) Attached is a picture of what it use to look like. The hair dresser used Paul Mitchell color. I went back to him to fix it and it turned into orange... by...

Why Be Sad? [ 2 Answers ]

It's quite hard to come alive every morning like the rooster who utters that familiar shrill cry of delight. On balance: This same animation could very well be expected from happy people who are carefree, frisky, hearty, jovial, spirited and lively. Emotion compliments arousing replies to a kiss,...

View more questions Search