Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troy70 Posts: 66, Reputation: 14

Sep 11, 2009, 05:44 PM
    About a girl Im seeing
    I've read a bit before posting, and I know the past is the past. But this old friend I recontacted, I have become very sexually active with (safe of course, and we both have tested before). We're both 21 and a couple days ago she wanted to ask me a question... "So how many girls have you been with?". I can count considering Im only 21 so I honestly replied with "6 including you." And me saying its only fair she answers too... she replies with, "more then you can count on your fingers..."

It doesn't bother me to the point that I'm paranoid but it raises the question in my head, is that normal? Or does that come off a bit slutty? More then 10 guys and she's 21?

Give more your opinion please I'm all ears... err eyes.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 11, 2009, 05:49 PM

I refuse to pass judgment on her.

If YOU think it's slutty, then don't date her/sleep with her.

Who CARES? I freaking HATE that question. It's no one's business, and you've both been checked for STDs, so what does it matter?

PS--my husband of 8 years, who I have been with for 13 years got that SAME answer when I was 21. He STILL doesn't know an exact number--because it doesn't matter.

Sep 11, 2009, 05:53 PM

Okay lets add a little spice to my post. The other night we were starting to foreplay kiss/touch etc. she stopped me about 20 seconds in and said, "im sorry i just wanna have sex" struck me as odd since I'm not use to just "having sex" I asked her about it later and all she could say was "sorry sometimes i just like to be f@$#%d"
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 11, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Troy, if you have a problem with her background then find someone else.

If you can't handle a quickie every now and then find someone else.

I think you need to grow up and learn that sex can be lots of things. Slow and romantic or hard and fast. Playful or soulful. It doesn't have to be one position and tempo. Even symphonies have movements and variations.

Instead of spending time on here trying to play "why I should break up with my girlfriend" games, why don't you try getting to know her for who she is and not try to make her what you want her to be. Guaranteed that there are probably things about you she could want to change.

Sep 11, 2009, 09:39 PM

Whoa now... Now need to blow up on me.. I came here for advice not to be frowned upon.

I don't have a problem with her at all. Please be a little more light hearted and insightful to my question rather then just asuming since a girl doesn't want to have sex the way I do that she's a slut or I need to grow up...

And she's not my girlfriend Cat1864, I said a girl I've been seeing. And yes I'm 21 and am still somewhat NEW to the whole sex scene and just wanted to know if it looks like I'm pawn in her game of sex chess. I mean honestly... being 21 and have had slept with 10+ guys then ditching the foreplay off the bat and getting right to the sex? Ive never had that happen before... Am I being used? Im starting to develop feelings for this woman but when it comes to the bedroom there's no romance involved... is that normal? Do some girls like only to "just be _____"?

Like I said, Im a confused young adult looking for advice...

Im not asking you to judge anyone but please put yourself in my shoes and try to make some sense of it.

Cat your analogy of sex and symphonies is moving, but is this a girl I should be pursuing or stay away from?
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2009, 09:44 PM

If you have an issue with it, then you should probably re-consider your relationship with her. It seems to me like you're already havingissues with it. I don't think they're just going to go away, usually things like this keep at you unless you know how to let it go. I'm not saying you should break up with her necessarily, but you should really consider all of the possible implications for your relationship, should this continue to eat at you.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 11, 2009, 10:02 PM

Communicate, communicate, communicate.

You need to talk to her about BOTH of your expectations in the bedroom.

That being said--if you're not in a relationship, but just seeing each other--why bother with romance in the bedroom?

My advice is work on figuring out whether you want to have a relationship with her OUTSIDE of the bedroom, and keep your pants on until you figure that out.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 11, 2009, 10:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by troy70 View Post
    Whoa now... Now need to blow up on me.. I came here for advice not to be frowned upon... like I said, Im a confused young adult looking for advice...
    Wording is everything. It makes communication so much easier.

You asked for opinions-not advice.

Give more your opinion please I'm all ears... err eyes
    Opinions are usually asked for when the poster wants someone to agree with their point of view. In this case an example would be: the girl I am seeing had sex with ten guys. I think that is an improper way to conduct oneself. What is your opinion?

Advice is geared more toward specific needs. Such as: Should I be worried about getting into a relationship with a woman who has had multiple partners and has different ideas about sex than I do?

Quote Originally Posted by troy70 View Post
    but is this a girl I should be pursuing or stay away from?
    That is something that you have to decide for yourself. You say that she isn't a girlfriend. So what is she? What does she think she is?

Even in casual relationships communication is important. As I said earlier, talk with her, get to know her, and so forth. Find out what she wants out of the relationship (and yes there is one.) She may just be looking for a good time. The thing is that she doesn't sound like she is stringing you along. The way you have it worded, you are the one who is changing the rules of the relationship.

IF she agrees to a more formal boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, can you accept that she has a more experienced past than you do? Are you open and willing to learn more about making love and sex from her? If not, do yourself and her a favor and back out now before someone definitely gets hurt.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2009, 11:03 PM
    If she is genuinely 'someone you are just seeing' then why the concern about her past or the fact that occasionally she just wants to have a quickie?

Why the meta analysis on yourself, her past, her motives? If you are really concerned - talk to her about it - but, she's someone you're 'just seeing isn't she'?

I would suggest that you would benefit from being clearer about your own motives and your feelings towards her.

In the meantime, can't you just enjoy it? Read some on the posts on this Forum. Many guys would kill for a woman that is experienced, knows what she wants and asks for a quickie!

PS. Please don't use the word 'slutty' for a woman that is sexually experienced - it says more about you than it does about her.
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Sep 11, 2009, 11:51 PM

If she is just a girl you are 'seeing' What does it matter! You aren't dating her! If you can't accept her past, you won't be able to accept her, and therefore you should probably start 'seeing' somebody else, possibly someone who can still count how many partners they have had on their fingers because it seems like you are insecure about how many guys your girl has been seeing, and uncomfortable with new sex ideas (as in quickies). I know I'm being tough on you, but its what I honestly think
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Sep 12, 2009, 12:12 AM

I would suggest avoiding the "count" talk in the future your going to find young man that one day you don't ask a woman that question,have you not heard "dont ask a question that your not ready to hear the answer to" instead get to know a girl and base your feeling for her on what you have shared,how honest and open she is and move from there.
    Kagan88 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Sep 13, 2009, 10:44 AM

Your sleeping with her so she might find no reason to follow what I would see as "relationship" guide lines... If you want something more then communicate that to her but as of now there is no relationship, nothing but sex so there shouldn't be too much to look into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like this girl but she has a girlfriend how do I get her to leave her girl? [ 11 Answers ]

There is this girl, I really like her lot and she likes me to but yet she is n a relationship with a girl and has been for 17 months! Me and her have this connection more than friends like she will come over and we will cuddle and kiss and stuff bt nothing major. We have tlkd about hooking up but...

I'm a girl and I like my best friend.who's a girl [ 18 Answers ]

Hi... I know there's lots of issues surrounding bisexual people and everything but I like girls and guys. I can't help it it's who I am. I have a boyfriend and everything between me and him are awesome, he gave me a promise ring and everything. But I'm attracted to my boyfriend... tia. She's...

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

Girl felx time to have sex look how long you make the rudeboi to sweat,girl flex [ 1 Answers ]

What's the name of the song that goes to this lyrics,girl flex time to have sex look how long you make the rude boy sweat girl flex

How do I look like a real totally girl girl [ 1 Answers ]

I'm always referred to one of the guys. Because I'm not the girl who gets all girled up to go out. And I usually don't flirt a lot I just act like one of the guys. Girls look at me different and I need help on physical apprerence so I come across like a totally girl. Can you help me?

View more questions Search