Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carol_25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2009, 12:46 PM
    How can I move to another state legally with my child?
    I'm unmarried mother living with my 4 months baby in Florida, and I'm planing to move to another state. The problem is the father, he haven't done anything for the child and now he doesn't want let me move.

So my question is can I move legally or I'll need to be here in Florida until the baby is 18?

Thanks
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 04:07 AM

You can move if you want. However, if he files for custody in FL before you can legally establish residence (6 months) in your new home, the court can order you to return the child or risk losing custody.

Have you filed for child support?
    carol_25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 07:33 AM

No I haven't filed, but the father is in the birth certificate.
    Thank you so much :)
    abatchelor Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 09:32 PM
    I am in the same situation what happened did you get to move I want ot move and need help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CA unmarried, cohabitating -- mom threatens to move out of state with child [ 32 Answers ]

I have been cohabiting (not married) with the mother for 10 years, our daughter is 4 y/o. I signed a voluntary declaration of paternity (pop-dec) when the child was born, my name is on birth certificate, and positive paternity on a DNA test. We are still living together, and the mom...

Rights to move to another state with child [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a law in California that prohibits my daughter, from moving to Georgia with her baby without the father's consent? She is not married to the father, but lived with until recently. The baby does have his last name and he signed the birth certificate.

I have joint custody with my ex. Can she move out of state with my child. [ 6 Answers ]

I have joint custody with my ex. She has remarried someone she met on the internet can she move out of state with my child.

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

View more questions Search