Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2labsmom Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Sep 6, 2009, 06:38 PM
    Bug eating
    Our 5 month old lab , Wingnut, has a facination with hunting and then eating crickets and grasshoppers. Can these bugs hurt him in any way? We try to stop him but we live in out in the country and they are everywhere.
    little_n_lost Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2009, 06:46 PM

They won't hurt him unless he eats way too many which will most likely give him stomach ache in which case he will probably eat grass to try to settle his stomach but then too much of that too will just make him bloated or unless they're in fields which use pesticides or insecticides in which case if he eats a lot the chemicals may get into his system and make him a little ill. This isn't likely though as he's just have to eat them all day for like a week!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 6, 2009, 06:52 PM
    In one word, no.

Just make sure he doesn't go after the yellow flying ones. They taste really bad. (Bees)
    2labsmom Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Sep 6, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Thanks for the insight. Our yard is large and there is no worry of pesticide. As for the yellow and black ones, for some reason this summer there have not been a lot of them. It affected growing things because they weren't being pollinated. I know this is not the place to ask , but anyone know why the bees were scarse?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2labsmom View Post
    but anyone know why the bees were scarse?
    There has been a fungal infection spreading across the US for the last few years that kills about 3 out of 7 hives. New England is where it started, and they're just beginning to recover from it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog not eating [ 5 Answers ]

Toy Maltese, approx. 12 yrs old recently appears to have stopped eating or drinking. Normally she is a severe guts, and will push other animals out of the way to eat their food (if they're slow eaters). She seems to exhibit no other symptoms apart from some lethargy, which I cannot be sure...

Not eating anything [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.My pet's name is SONY.She is 13yrs old and its pomeranian breed.Actually its very thin and eats very less food.But suddenly since two days she is neither eating nor drinking anything.She is always sleeping and not at all moving.So what can I do inorder to make my pet active.

Dog not eating [ 1 Answers ]

my saint bernard has not been a regular eater since small. He's 2 now and eats every fourth day. I've had x-rays, bloodwork which showed bun slightly elavated. Looks at the food and lays down. I cook him hamburger, liver cottage cheese or yogurt. Hand him something you eat, he jumps on it. I cook...

Eating [ 16 Answers ]

Hi today I went to school and had like some crisps from one of my mates because I was hungry - that was at break - then at lunch I wasn't hungry at all. I haven't eaten since Tuesday night because yesterday I was just not hungry and then at dinner/tea etc time I had pizza but it made me feel sick...

View more questions Search