Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mam209 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Whirlpool self-cleaning gas range, oven not igniting.
    First off let me express thanks to anyone reading this and willing to offer their time and expertise to help.

I have a Whirlpool gas range model SF379LEK. For some time now it has been temperamental when trying to light the oven. The electronic controls seem fine, it just will not ignite after several attempts. The next few weeks it will work fine with no trouble. I do have success opening the door just as it is igniting, so I am lead to believe that it is not getting the oxygen needed to fire up. Anyone have any idea before I buy a new one?

Thanks all!

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Oven Not Igniting [ 1 Answers ]

I have about a 2 year old Frigidaire Gas Oven. The top burners work fine, but when you set the oven to bake, you hear the electric igniter kick in but nothing more. I have made sure as the manual says that the clock is set and the little manual gas switch is set. Any other suggestions out there...

Over the Range Microwave Oven [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a new Over the Range Microwave Oven in my kitchen. I have already installed a dedicated outlet box with a 15 amp outlet (14/2 wire) to plug the oven into (nothing but the microwave will be plugged in to the outlet). The installation Instructions for the oven say the oven should be...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.