Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony Bakic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 04:22 AM
    Frigidaire Dishwasher Lights Flashing
    My Frigidaire Dishwasher model # FDB989RCS0 won't run. Has all of the following lights flashing: Sensing, Washing, Drying, Sanitized, Clean. ANy ideas on what this indicates is wrong ?
    Thanks
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 27, 2006, 08:40 PM
    Sounds like you've got a dishwasher with an electronic control, (control board)

Its really hard to say, Im sure the exact definition for what you are seeing is in a service manual for your machine, however it would seem as though no one has it. In your posistion, I would take a few stabs at a couple of things.

Check to make sure there are no corroded or loose wires. Make sure all the connectors are connected to your board and that nothing is loose. You might want to check for lime and calcium deposits on any probes or switches in the machine. Check the operation of various parts, such as the pump, motor, element, etc.

You can try calling the tech support line from the manufactuer, that might not do any good, but its worth a shot. You could have a faulty control board, although Im really just taking a stab there. Everything I just advised you of will cost nothing more than a little bit of your time, so so far, you have nothing to loose.
    locos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 08:30 PM
    For KitchenAid Whirlpool KUDS01FLSS0 -- When the clean light is blinking or flashing 7 times in a row and no other front panel controls will work, do the following:

Push SaniRinse-EnergySaverDry- SaniRinse - Energy Saver Dry
    (Try the Heated Dry button if you don't have a Energy Saver Dry button)

All the lights will then come on as this will put the unit into diagnostic mode.
    Then, push Cancel after about 10 seconds. You are no longer locked out. Run the dishwasher normally.

References:
    https://secured.whirlpool.com/Service/SrvTechAdm.nsf/d12cd4888abce86285256a42005ea985/3976dc6fea92e1c385256fc4006611c9/$FILE/8178496.pdf

http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%208557727.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Normal Wash Light Flashing [ 2 Answers ]

The Normal Wash light on my five-year old Kenmore 665.15959000 dishwasher is flashing and the keypad is inoperative. I already tried disconnecting the power for several hours and it made no difference. Can somebody tell me what the flashing Normal Wash light means? I am aware of the High Temp, Air...

Power light flashing. [ 1 Answers ]

The power light on my MESH tower is flashing. Why?

3 lights ran between 2 3-ways, can one of these lights be controlled by a 3rd switch? [ 2 Answers ]

There are 3 lights connected, 2 in one room and the third at the bottom of the stairs. There is a 3-way at the top of the stairs and another in the room with the 2 lights. This guy would like to also be able to switch off just the 3rd light at the bottom of the stairs. I did not dig into this too...

View more questions Search