Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muse-72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 10:52 AM
    Husband Loves me to bits but does not touch me.
    My husband of three months sat me down the other day and said he loves me to bits and thinks I am the most wonderful person out there; however he thinks he has married his best friend and that he cannot touch me in a sexual manner as it feels like he is touching a family member. He then walked out and moved back onto a room on the army base where our house is - leaving me on my own at home.

When we were dating and even after we were first married we had no problems in this department at all - it is only the past four weeks that thinks have been different. Partly because I was away dealing with a family issue for three weeks and only returned last Thursday. My husband is in the army and since we have been married have probably only spent around three or four weeks together in our home. We have had little or no time together owing to one thing or another and have not spent any quality time together since we have been married.

He has agreed to go to counselling with me; however when I made the appointment for today he could not attend due to work. Do I take this as a sign that we are destined to split as I love him dearly and he says he love me to bits.

Has anyone experience this in their relationships whereby their partner has a psychological block when it comes to intimacy? That they feel it is wrong. This has truly came out of the blue and has knocked me sideways - I am devastated as he initially asked me for a divorce and is now saying we can see what happens re counselling. Is he playing me for a fool?

Many thanks and sorry for the rambles.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 10:55 AM

To make a complete turn around in his feelings is very suspicious from my vantage point.
    Why did he marry you if he felt this way?
    Is there any possibility he is involved with another woman?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 11:18 AM

He's told you how he feels. He initially asked for a divorce, but now he's willing to go to counselling to work on the marriage. He seems very confused about his emotions. Because of his contradiction, you can't take anything he says too seriously. Accept that's he's lost and confused and he's trying to figure things out.

You're in the control seat. The question is, what do you want? Do you want to give this marriage a chance and take the necessary steps to rebuild the relationship? Or do you believe that things are too far gone to be repaired and it's time to call it quits?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 03:25 PM

You go to counseling to find out what the real deal is. How long have you known him, and how well do you know his family??

There is no telling what's buried in his brain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I wait for my husband if he loves someone else as much as me? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, me and my husband have almost been married for 5 years. Last year we split up and a result of that we both got with other people. I became pregnant with a nother mans baby and he says he fell in love with a nother woman. We have continued to talk and be friends. We still tell each other that we...

My husband doesn't not want me he would rather touch himself. [ 12 Answers ]

I have been married to my husband for less than a year. We never had the honeymoon period in our marriage and we never have sex anymore. Yesterday he was taking a shower and ask me before he went to the bathroom, did I mind if he masturbated. I didn't know what to say we never have sex and I was...

What to do I'm in love and she still loves her ex husband? [ 5 Answers ]

What do I do? I love her? She says she has never made love like we do! She needs to be alone often! We see each other once a week! What do I do

Husband won't touch me [ 7 Answers ]

I have been married for 8 years, I love him. He says he loves me. However he don't touch me. I feel lonely and depressed I don't remember what it feel's like to held. He say's mean nasty things to me when I try to talk to him about this. He screams at me like's to turn the problem around to some...

Ex husband says he still loves me but is married. [ 1 Answers ]

I've been divorced now 16 years. I occasionally run into my ex and now we are friends. I just got a call out of the blue after about 4 years and he says his wife is cheating on him and that she wants a divorce. Then he proceeds to tell me he loves me and always will. I was worried because I have...

View more questions Search