Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LyleLeonard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 04:51 PM
    Blower kicking on/off
    Hi folks, 1st time I've used the internet for asking questions. Have Bryant furnace. Blower is running,but, is stopping and starting, it sounds like "thumping" in the attic, continuously throughout the cycle. Even after the cycle stops it continues to "thump". This happens for both the furnace and the A/C. Both systems seem to run normally except for the "thumping". I pulled the blower out and checked all the wires and they are fine. Any ideas would be appreciated?

Thanks, Lyle
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 06:08 AM
    I left this one go yesterday hoping somebody that knew more would answer it. Maybe you need to describe the thumping more. Noises work better on site than on the net. Do you mean it is starting and stopping with a thump? That could be a bad connection or a chattering relay. If it is bouncing around, check the bolts, and what holds what it is bolted to.
    rs6978 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 03:21 PM
    My furnace is coming on but with in a few minutes it cuts off and cool air starts to blow out
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 05:17 PM
    The burners ignite? For how long?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My father died now my mother is kicking us out. [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: My father died a couple yrs ago. My mother decides to bring in another man into her life. She is asking my brother and me to move out or buy the house off her. My question is: are we entitled to any part of the house? My father didn't have time to do his will. The house is now paid off....

Whirlpool senseon dryer kicking off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Senseon electric dryer and it keeps kicking off with a error code of E1 does anybody know why? The manual only says to contact a repairman.

Kicking an old lady when she's down. [ 1 Answers ]

I've had the misfortune of being disabled with a back problem in 2001-ish. Received Social Security Disability finally in 2003. During all this I struggled to keep my desk at the Realtors office but had to stop. I went from making a good living to nothing! Needless to say.. I stopped paying my...

Outside AC unit kicking on in winter [ 3 Answers ]

I have central air, and the outside unit (condenser right? I'm a complete noob) kicks on for about 30 seconds, then stops for 30 seconds, then repeats. This doesn't seem normal. Advice? Thx!

View more questions Search