Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nunuyaya Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 07:58 PM
    Parolee running away
    Can someone on parole in Tx that is on house arrest run away until he is off Parole period?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:09 PM

If he is on house arrest and runs away he will be charged with escape. That is an instant violation right there. And no, he can't just stay away until his parole is over. Doesn't work that way. Once he is caught he will spend his time in prison. All of it including the new escape charge. The warrant for this person's arrest will never go away either regardless of where he is or how much time has lapsed since he "ran away". Don't do it. You will have more problems if you do run away since every time you want to renew your driver's license, every time you are stopped by the police for anything your name will be run and the warrant for your arrest will come up. Oh, I almost forgot if you want to board an airplane you'll get stopped and arrested having that pesky warrant out for you as well. Do you really want to run from the law for the rest of your life or do you want to live as a hermit? Probably not. Facing the house arrest and doing it is much easier than being in prison anyday if you ask me. If you did run away and you were caught you would not be eligible for parole again period. You will be doing every single day of your sentence.
    Nunuyaya Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 08:16 PM

Thx twinkiedooter, I have told my boyfriend that it wouldn't be that easy. He has been on house arrest for almost 120 days and his PO isn't helping hiim. She never answers his questions about when he can be released.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuyaya View Post
    Can someone on parole in Tx that is on house arrest run away until he is off Parole period?
    Sure if he wants to go to prison he can. If he wants to stay out of prison my advice would be to stay on house arrest.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 08:17 PM

He will violate his probation. They will issue a warrant for his arrest, and it is almost for sure, he would go back and have to do the entire parole time in prison
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 08:18 PM
    You could tell him that it would be easier, and much more cost effective, to just check himself into the local prison.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuyaya View Post
    Thx twinkiedooter, I have told my boyfriend that it wouldnt be that easy. He has been on house arrest for almost 120 days and his PO isnt helping hiim. She never answers his questions about when he can be released.
    It is not up to the PO when he will be released. It is up to the Judge. That is why she can't answer his questions about when he can be released. Tell the boyfriend to be patient as if he does runaway he's just thrown 120 days down the drain for nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cuban Parolee [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a good candidate for a position at my company but I'm not sure if he can work with his I-94 Cuban Parolee. He applied for his resident card on May 14 and still waiting for the card. He has a DL and SSC. Can he works with the I-94 Cuban Parolee?

May a parolee travel on US Passport? [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is a singer wo served time for using drugs. He has been clean while on parole. He has an offer to do a show in Canada. His parole officer told him he thinks the Department of Homeland Security would prohibit his travel. Does he not have a right to work? Can he travel if he has a clean...

Parolee Law [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend was sentenced to five years in prison, after two years he was released on parole. His discharge date was Augest 12, 2008. He went on abscond for eight months. When he was arrested and brought back to his parole officer she extended his max date. Is she allowed to do that?

Can a parolee get a passport [ 2 Answers ]

Can a parolee get a passport

Can a parolee get a passport [ 48 Answers ]

I am on parole. I know a felon can get a passport, but what about someone currently on parole? And yes, I know it depends if there are travel restrictions - ALL parolees are on travel restrictions. Ex Con - I hope you know the answer to this question

View more questions Search