Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Sep 1, 2009, 05:04 PM
    Robbed at LAFitness
    Hello everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this. Crime, Criminal Law, Mental and Emotional (im sooo angry that it seemed appropriate).

I joined the local LaFitness in my area. Fridays in the summer I usually get to leave work a little early. They have a spinning class I like to take at 5:30. I go home, say hi to kids and change. I decide to bring my purse with me because I have a hair appointment right after. I pack up some of my hygiene products in my purse so I can shower and go directly to other appointment. Keep in mind, I never bring my purse with me.

I get there around 4. Put my IPOD on and start the weights and some isometrics until the class starts. I go up to the desk at 5 (keep in mind, its broad daylite, raining, but bright out) to sign in for spinning. The manager at the desk asks me to take off my headphones and asks about a tattoo I have on my wrist. Then asks me if I have a Nissan Altima. I say yes. He looks at me, and tells me I've been robbed. I run outside. I was parked 6 spaces up from the front door.

My passenger window is smashed in and my purse that was on the floor gone!! They went through my console and funny enough didn't take the IPOD that was siting in there (my daughters). I was shocked.

The manager called the police. The police come and proceed to tell me that this is the THIRD break in at this LAFITNESS. He tells me they have asked LAFITENSS to please put in cameras.

I had cash in my purse. And jewelry, along with my entire life. I can't tell you everything I had in there. My life. All my makeup, money, a 300 dollar purse, the list goes on. Totals close to 1600 bux in stuff. Not counting the 200 dollar damage to my window. Or just the invasion on my life. They have my ID, address. I had to cancel everything. I have to take time off work to get my license and close and open bank accounts. I had my birth cert in there from a trip I was just on. It's a disaster. And of course, insurance won't cover my window (500 duductible). Homeowners we have a 1000 deductible.

I'm furious. Most of the women there leave their purses in the car. It was dumb I guess on my end. But, what bothers me is ONE, why didn't LA Fitness have any fliers up letting people know there have been break ins? I think that's terrible. TWO, no one sitting at the front desk saw anything? I was parked right in the front. THREE, why the hell didn't my alarm go off? It went off when I opened the door, but it doesn't go off when a window gets smashed? FOUR, why don't people get jobs? I have a job, and 4 kids. I work my butt off. How dare someone steal MY stuff!! I'm so angry.

I would love some suggestions on how to get over this. Im furious. I have this rage. Not just with the person who did it. But with the gym.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 05:12 PM
    I'm sorry you've had to go through this. My car once got broken into so I share your frustration. But understand that the gym can only bear so much responsibility. Granted, they should be a little more vigilant knowing that it's happened 3 times recently. And I'm willing to bet that it's the same person/people. Evidently the LA Fitness center has become their latest "feeding ground." It may even be customers or employees that are responsible for the rash of beak-ins ; either way, it's someone familiar with the gym and the layout. And they'll keep it up until they're caught.
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Sep 1, 2009, 05:18 PM
    I needed to vent. I have to get over the anger. I don't want to become bitter. It has become their feeding ground, I agree. Just disappointed in the staff not letting anyone know. I'm mad at myself too, the ONE day I bring my stupid purse LOL...

Thanks for the kind words. Again, writing it and reading it, makes me feel a little better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Judgement explanation, Robbed of my appeal, what now? [ 12 Answers ]

Case: Entered into Partnership w/party to buy & sell property, party "A" was to provide a contract, they took our down payment $ & refused to provide a contract, so when we threatened to stop payment if they didn't provide either the contract or the $ back, they said if we did we would have no...

Need Advice, Feels promotion was robbed [ 6 Answers ]

Thanks for all your input

View more questions Search