Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nessfan25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Blonde hair to burgundy
    I have platinum blond hair, and I want to go back to red-burgundy. I want it to be really vibrant. I have dyed my hair many times, but I wanted to know what store brand to get and what color would be best :)
    nessfan25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 05:33 PM

http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections5/shimmer6.jpg

I wanted something like this
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 31, 2009, 09:36 PM

I will make this brief! If you were my client I'd ask you to truly commit2wanting this darker color! If you don't like it? Color remover of any kind will not be an option4you! Its too long to explain the laws of hair color to you but just trust me! Platinum to darker than lighter will result in your hair damn near evaporating off! So you still want burgandy? If so that's cool! Here's what you do! I only use salon quality color from elite brands so I know nothing about names or brands or references as far as color you would have access to but I can tell you this! Keep in mind the laws of color never change no matter what brand! So if your platinum your missing all pigment in your hair shaft! Blonde is simply the absence of color! When you have this a filler is needed first! In your case you want a copper filler! Its too much2explain why! Just trust me! This must be applied evenly and equally saturate all your hair! Blowdry it once its on and its even allover! Once again too much to explain why! Now you can apply the color! Apply to new growth first and as soon as your done apply2midshaft and ends! Leave on however long that crappy box says! As far as what color to chose? If you want burgandy this only exist in levels 6 and lower! So your color must be 6 or lower! I would recommend a 5! Find a 5 that contians that burgandy pigment your looking for! Mix half of that color tube w a level 6 that contians gold!too much to explain why! Trust me! So equal parts of the two colors! Mix this with an equal amount of color activator used for deposit only color applications! Volume developers are used4lift and your def not lifting in this case! Wow!! I wrote a ton! I'm sorry! Its just that there's a lot more work that us licensed colorist do than everyone thinks!lol! Color is chemistry! Good luck!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 11:09 PM

I like garnier nutrisse. I've never gone straight from platinum to dark but I've gone from dark blond to very dark with no problems. The colors always come out good and vibrant for me too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loreal Color Remover? My hair is a dark burgundy by accident [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, Sunday I went to a salon (in a different city) and asked for my chestnut hair to be dyed a "Chocolate Brown"... Afer 30 minutes and a rinse, to my horror... my roots had lifted to a flaming orangey-red, the ends were fine. I was almost in tears, so the guy put a dark color on top of the...

Deep burgundy and golden blonde? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I'm dying my hair a golden blonde and underneath I wanted something darker but different So I got a deep burgundy, and I was wandering if it would look OK. Help please I've never done to different colors before

Fade blonde highlights back to natural dirty blonde or grow hair faster! [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: PLEASE HELP! :confused: I want to fade my blonde highlights faster, I've been growing out my hair for a month or so and i'm sick of the bright blonde! I want the dirty blonde back! I don't know if there is any advice to speed up growing it out or to fade the blonde! thanks so much!! :)

Burgundy Hair [ 5 Answers ]

Would I look good with burgandy hair? http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/gothrockerchick/brittany061.jpg

Would like to dye my hair burgundy again. [ 1 Answers ]

I have medium to dark brown hair (my natural shade). I'd like to dye my hair or get highlights but I don't know what to do. Reds don't seem to hold well with my hair color. Twice in my past I've gotten burgundy. I really liked it but it faded quickly. Extremely quickly. Both times I had it...

View more questions Search