Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GotALeak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 11:12 AM
    Moen Single knob tub faucet
    Hi,

Even when the knob is pushed all the way in, I have a slow drip coming from the lower spout (not the shower head). The normal knob operation is as follows: Pull for on, push to shut off, turn left for hot, turn right for cold. I removed the knob, then the circular brass plate, but I can't see any adjustments to make or washers to change. There is a clip that seems to secure the mechanics behind the knob but nothing slides out when I remove the clip. Any help you can give me before I proceed, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    D
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 26, 2006, 11:24 AM
    Whoa! Back the truck up and replace that clip unless you've turned the water off. Turn the water off and NOW remove the clip. The cartridge will pull straight out. Take in in to a plumbing shop and have it replaced. Before you replace it turn the water back on for a moment to flush out the supplies. Now just follow the directions that came with the cartridge and reinstall.
    Good luck, Tom
    GotALeak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Perfect! Thanks SpeedBall1! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking single knob tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

How do I repair leaking single knob tub/shower faucet(Delta)?

Leaking single knob tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

How do I repair leaking single knob tub/shower faucet(Delta)?I have only manage to take the back plate and the knob apart that's it. Is there a trick or technique unscrew the housing?

Moen Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tom I found the site and registered but I still need my son to reduce the size of the pictures so I can attach them. He took the photo-editing software off my computer. I'll get back to you shortly. Thanks. Mark Ingham

Diverter valve for Moen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace the diverter valve (1225) on the kitchen faucet. Do I need to remove the entire faucet to do this? If so how do I do this? Thanks

Moen Faucet problems [ 3 Answers ]

The Moen faucet in my shower comes away from the wall when the shower is turned to hot and water is diverted through the shower head. How do I fix this problem?

View more questions Search