Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pnkydo123 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 12:52 PM
    I like this guy who might like me
    Hey, there is this guy who goes 2 my school and I think that he may like me. He was in my science class last year when we first met. He would always wink at me or flirt with me in some way. He asked me out a couple of time, but I never thought he was serious so I always said that I was busy. Then when summer started I regreted not going out with him and I thought about him a lot. Now we are back in school and I have only seen him once. We start this free period in a few weeks so I can see him everyday. I want 2 tell him that I like him, but I am afraid 2 tell him. Should I wait for him 2 make the first move or should I do something? I just don't know what 2 do.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 30, 2009, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkydo123 View Post
    He would always wink at me or flirt with me in some way. He asked me out a couple of time, but I never thought he was serious
    Sheesh. What sort of invitation do you require? And, saying you're busy if you aren't just to blow the guy off is worse than just saying "no, not interested" with no excuses.

Should I wait for him 2 make the first move
    He's already made the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th moves and yet you're still sitting there like a dud, wondering. Takes two people y'know.

I just don't know what 2 do.
    You should throw yourself at his feet, beg forgiveness for your indecisiveness, and kiss his boot for repeatedly rejecting and tormenting him unnecessarily. Poor guy. Don't be surprised if he doesn't want anything to do with you now.
    abdrahman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 01:58 PM

U should slip a note in his books or locker (if you have lockers) and say guess who's your secret admirer (of course he is going to know) boys like girls so say I love you or whatever meet after school of course I had a love once but I kept slipping notes she always would tell the teacher and then we had to scan handwritting (never been caught though) yeah just say it for more information e-mail me at [email protected] so yup
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 02:11 PM

Just check out the situation...
    You may have missed the boat and end up with egg on your face...

Talk to him,check how he is with you,be a little flirty and see how it goes..
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 03:32 PM

Agree with Scleros, you should have jumped at the chance while it was there. However, you don't seriously need to beg. But, telling him your reason for blowing him off couldn't hurt. Say like "I thought it was too good to be true" or something.

As far as abdrahman's advice, he's tried in person, so resorting to notes would be a step backwards. As far as saying "I love you" a real good guy isn't going to want you to say that just because he will think you would like it, not smart.
    There is no reason to email him either. If he really wanted to help, he would do it here. Probably a scam or something.

Aug 30, 2009, 04:39 PM

Well he didn't seem to be mad when I said I was busy. Even after I said no he still flirted with me all of the time. You all make it seem like I am the bad guy here. I was just surprised that he asked me cause he is like one of the most popular guys in my grade.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 30, 2009, 05:08 PM
    u all make it seem like i am the bad guy here.
    Well, you are. Repeatedly rejecting a guy that is genuinely interested in you in a blow-off sort of way is the worst thing you can do to him. And then to be so wishy-washy clueless "Does he like me??" about it only adds insult to injury. Only a complete loser of a guy will be "just kidding" when they ask you out. Most guys at that age will have spent considerable time getting up the nerve to even ask you. Then to be casually told, "Oh, so sorry, I'm too busy for you" isn't really an answer and makes the guy feel about as important as a speck of dust. Why would he get mad? That wouldn't be cool. You just gutted him. Instead, he's going to slink off and hopefully shake the rejection off.

If you want something to happen with this guy, you will likely need to initiate and be sincere about it. Just tell him you regret not going out with him when he asked and if the offer is still open, you would, and leave it at that. It may take him awhile to warm up to the idea again.

Aug 30, 2009, 06:39 PM
    When I would say that I was busy I really was busy. When he asked me out I had already made plans 2 go see a movie or do something else with friends. Its not my falut that he asked me out when I already had plans made for the weekend.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 06:50 PM

Just start talking to him again, and see how long it takes him to ask you again, I'm sure he hasn't forgotten about you yet. :) Just be friendly, I'm sure you've got this!
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 07:05 PM

If you were interested in him, he already made the first move, so there is nothing to be shy about. In that case, you say "I can't this Friday, how about Saturday?" You don't just say "No!" that's like telling a guy "No matter what I have planned, it's more important than you!"

Plus the fact that you did it multiple times basically tells him you're not interested.

Before you say anything else to him, think about how you would feel if he said it to you. It will really help you not say something stupid again.

Aug 31, 2009, 11:53 AM

He would just ask me out in a casual way so I didn't really think that that he was serious. He is the kind of guy who likes 2 flirt with every girl he sees. He would ask some girl in our science class and they wuld just laugh so he would ask me sometimes. He is like really popular like I said before so I was just really surprised when he asked me. I'm not super popular, but I have a lot of friends so it just took me by surprise and I was just really shocked

Sep 1, 2009, 05:31 PM

Now I feel guilty that I didn't go out with him. I told my best friend over the summer that he was flirting with me and that he asked me out a few times and she told me I should have said yes to him. I haven't really seen him much cause we just started school. When we start this free period I am hoping 2 see him again and then maybe he will ask me again. I'm not used 2 getting a lot of attention from guys. I'm friends with them, but none of them seemed 2 show am interest in me until I met this guy.
    mona93 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Sep 6, 2009, 01:15 PM

I was in the same situasion kind of... and I talked to him because he was 2 shy and afer that magic

Sep 7, 2009, 09:06 AM

Well he isn't shy he's the exact oppsite. I'm the shy one.

Sep 7, 2009, 09:12 AM

I know... but that boy I was talking about he was shy just on the messenger [if you know what I mean]... but in reality I'm the shy one... very shy... extremely shy... I barely say a word... Make any move just to catch his attention... to see that you are interested

Sep 7, 2009, 12:34 PM

Well he plays football for our school so I try 2 find hom at the games. We just had our first game this past weekend and I know he was there I just had a hard time finding him cause there was so many people there. So I am hoping that when I go to the game this weeend I can find him.

Sep 7, 2009, 01:20 PM

OK good luck... and tell me if it happened something

Sep 7, 2009, 01:29 PM

I am hoping that he asks me 2 our homecoming this year. A few of my friends are saying that he will and I reall hope that he does. They say we look really cute together.

Sep 7, 2009, 01:35 PM

Well did he spoke to you recently?

Sep 7, 2009, 01:38 PM

No but at last years he did ask me 2 dance. I've seen him around school but I haven't gotten into a conversation with him yet. We start this free period next week and I am hoping 2 start talking to him a lot more there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search