Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 10:02 AM
    Sick toy pom puppy
    We just got a toy pom on Friday. She was doing great, now this morning she was good and playful, now she won't even stand up and she had like a little seziure (or trying to trow up(her tummy got hard and tons of drool running out of her mouth it lasted about 20 seconds. Now she is just sleeping

Please help
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2009, 10:07 AM

You need to get her to the vet today!

It could be any one of a number of things, ranging from mild to very serious.

Where did you buy her from?

If you purchased this puppy from a reputable breeder they should pay for her to be checked out by a vet or offer a partial refund for the dog. (if it is a heredetary or genetic illness)

Unfortunately if you bought her from a backyard breeder then you have to lump the vet bills yourself.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 10:08 AM

Did you change her dog food?
    If she is sick to her stomach it could be from that.
    Let her sleep and if she does not bounce back in a day,I would take her to the vet.
    Try to keep her hydrated.
    When ever you acquire a new animal,they should always been seen by a vet ASAP.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 10:14 AM

If you think your puppy had a seizure, it's best not to wait. Call your vet.
    podoboo Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 10:25 AM

I agree with the others she needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible, but seeing as how today is Sunday that's probably a little hard huh? If there's an emergency vet in your area I'd call them up pronto. And in the mean time, just try your best to keep her comfortable and Hydrated until a vet can see her.

What you're describing sounds exactly like what my little Pookie did when we got her, It turned out that she just had a hard time keeping her sugar levels normal (there's a name for this, but I can't recall what it was). If you're really pressed for cash, you can go to the vet's and ask for a supplement (describe what she's doing and they should know what your talking about) and that could be all she needs. However it could be something much worse or much simpler than that wrong with your little one...
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 10:39 AM

Most vets aren't open on Sundays, but most have an emergency paging service. Even if you know they aren't open - call their number and see what happens.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariss View Post
    Most vets aren't open on Sundays, but most have an emergency paging service. Even if you know they aren't open - call their number and see what happens.
    Yep, the vets here have an answering machine that plays their after hours number in emergencies.

Mind you, I am lucky enough to have my vets home number, pays to be nice to them sometimes.
    podoboo Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 11:01 AM
    Wow, I'm certainly glad your guys vets have things like that, Ours is closed for good at 6 pm Friday until 6 am Monday with no way to get a hold of anyone unless I drive 80 miles to a emergency vet clinic :( I guess that's what I get though for having to live in the middle of nowhere though... :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

My sick puppy won't eat. [ 1 Answers ]

Help, I have a 7 months old chihuahua. Yesterday evening she threw up three times. She won't even move yesterday. Today, she walking and moving around a lot. However I can see that she is still not herself again. The biggest problem is that she will not eat anything. I don't know what to feed her....

Sick puppy? [ 1 Answers ]

1 out of 6 8 week old labs won't eat or play today... been sleeping for 6 hours... he did pee once and just drank some water. Was going to give all shots tomorrow... should I give him his ?if not ,should he go to the vet... what could be wrong?

Sick puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I have a litter of 7 pups, 6wks old. I went to check on them and mom as I always do around 9:30 pm and one of them was vomiting and shivering. Brought her in the house to try to keep her warm. She drank some water and vomited it up within 30 minutes. None of the other pups seem to have any...

View more questions Search