Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    damdash Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Truck cranks but won't run
    I have a 98 yukon 5.7l. I replaced the dash in it yesterday. Now it will turn over but will not stay running. I am 99.9 % positive that I plugged all my wires back in except I did miss the passenger side airbag but will do tomorrow. Also did not do the driver airbag to make sure everything was OK but hince I did have a problem. If I may have missed a wire, what could be causing it not to run? What else could it be?
    itsjb5 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 08:13 PM

Don't know gm... but if it was a ford...
    Did you replace the cluster or just dashpad and transfer all parts to new dash?
    The antitheft module is in the cluster? And may have to be reset to read the pats key chip. Or by disconnecting it may have to be reset to read the pats chip. "98" should have pats? Like I said ford certified tech not GM

Sep 4, 2009, 06:58 PM
    No I didn't replace the cluster. But I didn't mention that the wire (3 pin) going into the top of the key cylinder was unplugged while taking some components loose to get clearance on the steering column. It is plugged back in though. I was told about a security cable or something on the column but everything is plugged in. Help!!

Sep 19, 2009, 09:02 PM
    OK there is no security light coming on at all. This light is needed for it to run. Any suggestions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck/camper parked on my property owner won't pay rent can I take title to truck [ 3 Answers ]

I agreed to let friend park truck w camper on my property. After a few months I told him to move it off or pay rent. He moved it but a month later parked it there without a word . Called called person told him he had to pay rent to park on property. Its going on 4 months ,no payment .talked last...

Pulled over, pulled out of truck, truck searched, wrong guy? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, my boyfriend got pulled over this morning and was told to get out of his truck. The police then searched his truck (tore apart his truck, is what he said) and then they said "oh, sorry, we have the wrong guy". Is there anything he can do here? He has no criminal past (few speeding tickets)...

Cranks No spark [ 2 Answers ]

1990 Honda Accord DX cranks but no spark. Multiple codes from ECM and flashing"S" light

98 Accord Cranks and Cranks [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, so I have been browsing the forums tonight and have noticed many people having problems similar to mine on their Honda's. Mine is a 98 Accord LX with almost 219k miles on it. I have maintained it very well and have not had to put much money into it except for regular maintenance. At the...

View more questions Search