Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    urbancowgirl7 Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Aug 27, 2009, 11:24 PM
    Laptop Key Came Off
    Earlier today, I was trying to do my homework and I was sitting with my laptop in front of me... well, long story short, I dropped my binder on the keyboard and by some odd stroke of "luck" one side of the binder went underneeth my "L" key and popped it and both of the little plastic pieces off. I understand that this is not a difficult fix. I just pulled off my "O" key just to see how the little plastic pieces were sitting so I could put the "L" keys pieces back on the same way and pop it back on... which I did. Now, my problem is this: my "L" key now teeters back and fourth even when it's clipped on. I've checked over it really closely and everything seems fine. Nothing looks broken, all the pieces are still there... I don't know what to do to fix this problem. I need help, someone, please?

Thanks in advance!
    mpolo Posts: 117, Reputation: -3

Aug 27, 2009, 11:34 PM
    You might have to replace the keyboard completely. I hate that it happened to me. Sorry :mad:
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 27, 2009, 11:34 PM

Well, since the key still works, is it that much of an issue? You can try taking it off and putting it back on and see if that fixes it. Otherwise it's very likely that something bent.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 27, 2009, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mpolo View Post
    you might have to replace the keyboard completely. I hate that it happened to me. Sorry :mad:
    Why would she have to replace the entire keyboard? The key still works, it just bobbles. Not only that, she can buy a replacement for that key if it bothers her too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

How do I reboot my laptop because I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop [ 3 Answers ]

How do I reboot my laptop beacause I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop

How to shift my PC data to laptop, bt laptop is at other place? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a PC now I am shifting to delhi for 2 months for my summer training , I need to shift my PC too so that I can use my data over there... but I can not shift it ,is there any other option so that I can use my data over there witout having my PC... I will be having a laptop over there,but that...

Connect laptop with XP to laptop with Vista [ 1 Answers ]

Easiest way to connect laptop with XP to laptop with Vista

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search