Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rose246 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 10:39 AM
    I want to change my hair color
    OK,I have very dark brown hair,and just yesterday,I dyed it honey blonde but the color turned into medium brown on my hair(:,which is not the color that I wanted.I mean I want to have light brown hair color,so how do I do that now at home?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 27, 2009, 10:42 AM

It's almost impossibly to get a dye to really lighten dark hair. For that, you'd need to bleach it, THEN dye it the color you want. Which, by the way, I don't suggest.
    rose246 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 10:48 AM

Ugh,OK.but if I dye it now with another shade of blonde what will my hair color be?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 27, 2009, 11:50 AM

There's no way to know until you try it. Nothing may happen. Your hair might come out lighter. It may turn orange or green. There's no way to know how the chemicals in the dyes will react to the natural chemicals in your hair.
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 27, 2009, 09:58 PM

Color doesn't lift color! Only bleach my dear! Or a modulate! That will result in bringing out your hairs natural underlying pigments Wich will then need to be colored with the proper color formulation to counteract those pigments! This is what salons are for! If you attempt this on your own you will end up w parts of your hair yellow orang red or even a bit of pink on the very ends! Then will need to select the right colors to deposit on each different color to result in what you want to be your target color! Please go to salon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Color Change - No Red [ 2 Answers ]

Before I make any mistakes, how do I change my hair color from dark brown to light brown with out the brassy red look?

Change in Hair Color [ 7 Answers ]

My cousin just passed away in May 2004. He was 34 years old. Didn't smoke or do drugs, and was a very active individual. An autopsy was performed (not all results are in). What we have been told thus far is, he died from an enlarged heart, blocked artery and was morbid obese. My question is,...

13 yr old son hair color change [ 5 Answers ]

My 13 yr old son has just developed two blonde spots on the back of his head. His hair color is brown. Is the something that can happened during puberty?

How can I change my hair color [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is dark brown and I dyed it a few times medium golden brown to lighten it a bit. Three weeks ago I dyed it an auburn brown just to put some red tones in it. It was okay but has faded way to fast. I would like to try another color but am afraid of it going darker. Can I use colorfix on...

Hair Color Change over the years [ 1 Answers ]

As I've grown older, my hair color has changed noticeably. When I was a little kid, my hair was very blonde, however as I've grown older, my hair color has changed to a much more brown-ish color. It doesn't bother me, its just something I've always been curious about. Is it genetic or some external...

View more questions Search