Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rocky0urworldx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Get Hair Dye Out.
    I dyed my hair about four months ago, from a dirty blonde-light brown color to a dark brown, nearly black. My tips are slowly going back to a medium brown color, and my roots are my natural color. I really don't like having three different colors in my hair, so is there any suggestions that I can use to get rid of the hair dye, even if it has been in my hair for four months already?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 26, 2009, 07:54 PM

Going to a salon and having them strip the dye out the only way I know of. It is expensive, though.
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 26, 2009, 09:45 PM

The only way2remove color is to seek a professional for them to properly strip it out! Please keep in mind though once your stylist strips that remaining dark color off your midshaft a color will have to be applied allover in order to achieve a nice allover even color!I would suggest doing a lighter color in order to avoid this corrective color process again! Choose a target color in the same level as your natural to insure that once your hair grows out you can avoid the new growth being so obvious and you will not have such a noticeable 2tone effect or line of demarcation! If you feel your natural color is not pleasing keep in mind your stylist can remain within your natural level but add more satisfying tonal values to your color so you can still be happy with a pretty result but avoid such an obvious grow out process! This will save you a lot of money also seeings how it offers a lot of longevity between salon visits! Hope I helped!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Best hair product to tame unruly damaged wavy hair- thick [ 1 Answers ]

What products can I use when str8ning that help repair?

Black hair to lighter hair.this is a long story, take heed first time dyers! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I'm not a professional hair colourist, but I am a long standing veteran of home hair colour - I've had my hair all colours, all lengths, all styles and at the moment it's jet black. I've broken all the cardinal rules of hair colouring, and I can safely say that it's too much of a...

View more questions Search